abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cable internet - new connection does not connect
bivanov
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, I am a new user of Vodafone as of 13.05. Yesterday I attempted to install my router for the first time. After connecting with the cable, the router just stayed in the loading mode for the Internet - the Internet light just kept blinking red for 2 hours. Then I connected it again and left it overnight, however, in the morning it had still not connected. Any advice?

Kaiserslautern 67655

Hallo, ich bin seit dem 13.05. Ein neuer Benutzer von Vodafone. Gestern habe ich zum ersten Mal versucht, meinen Router zu installieren. Nach dem Anschließen des Kabels blieb der Router im Lademodus für das Internet - die Internet-LED blinkte nur 2 Stunden lang rot. Dann schloss ich es wieder an und ließ es über Nacht stehen, morgens hatte es jedoch noch keine Verbindung. Irgendein Rat? Kaiserslautern 67655

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello bivanov,

I saw the technician already installed your modem, does everything work now?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

14 Antworten 14
bivanov
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Tariff RED Internet phone and cable 200, WLAN Kabelrouter

pRo-Marco

Hi bivanov,

it seems like a technician should install the connection at you place. I will oder him. Please send me your name, address and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello, thank you, message sent. 

pRo-Marco

Hi bivanov,

the technician will call you to arrange an appointment. Please keep me informed, if everything works out.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello, the technician came today and checked the input signal. It seems that you don't have connection in the apartment. He requested to check the cable system of the building in order to see if there is something else he could do. However, I don't understand why when signing the contract I was informed that there is a signal in the building and you can provide service there. Could you check remotely what the problem is? Do you have any other customers at the same address? 

bivanov
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Also, I am not really sure what the next steps are. He said that we should schedule another appointment but if you don't have service in the building (which I suppose you should know in advance) then maybe I should just cancel the contract? 

bivanov
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

In a chat with Telekom, who obviously own the network, I was informed that there are "no free lines" in the building currently and in case a connection needs to be installed something needs to be done on the "phonesocket outlet" in the apartment. Not sure if this can help for this issue. 

Claudia

Hello bivanov,

the Telekom has nothing to do with that. There are other active cable Internet users in the building so there is a signal in the building. Perhaps the wiring to your flat must be renewed or something similar. Did you make another appointment with the technician?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
bivanov
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, no I didn't because a confirmation and approval from my landlords were required. However, I was just informed that the company which manages the building will get in touch with Vodafone to arrange that. Could you please check if this is indeed what's happening? 

Thank you.