abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Bad connection, wild pings at Vodafone network
ValeriiVasin
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Here is the PingPlotter data: https://share.pingplotter.com/FvKtp994bZo

As you can see there - the average ping on the second hop (second, Karl!) is 100+. So 100ms for something that is 100 meters away!!! The loss percentage is 15% of packages.

It is inacceptable quality. You can not play any online games with such an Internet! You play from lag till lag! Please fix it!

50 Antworten 50
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello ValeriiVasin,

depending on the source of the disrupter it may take some time to eliminate it. If you have a Vodafone mobile number we may check if we can give you data volume. That would be 50GB for 16 days.

Regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hey folks,

1 month later wild pings are back with the renewed power.

Here you could find a graph that demonstrates, that there is a clear problem with handling traffic in peak hours. So, every day starting from ~8pm till ~12am pings went to 200-400 in average.

It does not look like interference. Could you please give an estimation when those lags will finally be over? I was promised for it to be resolved till September. We are almost there and I would not say I do believe in what I was told before.

Please advise what is happening and what to  do with all of that. It is not possible to use such a connection 😞

P.S. Thx for advising about the mobile traffic, but I do not have Vodafone mobile number. At least there I was smart enough to be diverse 🙂 

Tobias

Hey,

well, the connections seems fine, its probably the same issue with load problems 😞 Sorry..

Regards

Tobiaas

Yep, during the peak hours the hardware (at the 2nd hop) can not handle the traffic. That creates wild pings 200+ and package loses.

Could you please advise if its going to be fixed and when?

ERFD

Hello ValeriiVasin,

In addition to the restrictions in the downstream, which have been known since January, there have also been restrictions in the upstream over the course of time - the rough planning goes into next year. The downstream date remains unchanged at September 2021. We already informed you of this in February. I am sorry. Unfortunately we cannot accelerate this.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Since morning Vodafone network fails a lot. Every 30mins or so I do have disconnects. Impossible to use the Internet. Could someone please explain what is going on right now?

Here is the graph.

Claudia

Hello ValeriiVasin,

the Pingplotter doesn't help much without the Intervall. However, there is no packetloss and the ping in our net is okay. The 8th hop doesn't belong to our net anymore.

Kind regards

Claudia

@Claudia Could you please clarify why pingplotter does not work in demoing the problem?

even without downloading the sample, just based on image only its visible that during the 3h interval with ping interval 2.5s the 2nd hop was down for 30s-few minutes.

That should not be the case for the stable reliable connection.

So I imagine that the hardware on that hop was not stable during that time interval. Or some work was done on it. That is why i was wondering what is going on.

Claudia

Hello ValeriiVasin,

there are problems with the return path that might cause disconnects and a higher ping. The colleagues already check this, I added a task for you to the central task.

Kind regards

Claudia

Yesterday (31.07.21) Internet was down since 12pm till 11pm (11 hours, insane!)

Today (01.08.21) Internet was already down 3 times:

- 3.20am

- 12.20pm

- 6.20pm

Is it even possible to have a stable connection using Vodafone? September is almost there, but nothing changes (as I was expecting, though). Quality of services that Vodafone provides is awful. But the worst thing is that Vodafone does not care about customers. AT ALL. Last year in August there were no Internet for almost 2 weeks. And we DID NOT even get the appologies! I am not even talking about some compensation... And that is usual to Vodafone..

We still have 6 months of the contract. But never again...