abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

2nd time asking for help: I have 200mbps plan, but I only receive 90mbps (after doing speed test)
radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Last week, I spent 2h trying to contact vodafone to solve my internet issues.

After hours of fighting on the menu (because I do not speak German), the operator said they are not allowed to speak in English.

I was calling 0800 52 666 25.

I have 200mbps plan, but only 90mbps (after doing speed test)

I am using my computer directly on the vodafone router (the simple version of it), so tried to reset the router.

How can I proceed? Is anyone available to speak on my mobile number and speak in english? 

Maybe something is wrong on my building, or I could ask to reset the signal. I do not know ... This is my second time here.

Please, help, otherwise I want to find another provider 😞

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I changed the ethernet cable, and looks like the problem is gone! Very strange.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

14 Antworten 14
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Why do you then not answer on the first thread?

You were asked if your computer is confirmed to have a Gigabit capable network interface - if this is NOT the case, you won't be able to receive anything more than 90..95 MBit/s as your computers network interface is limiting the speed then.

And by the way:

You're in Germany, sole contractual language is German. And there is no law that requires the provider to have support in any other than the contractual language - they may provide, but they don't have to. Even if they don't provide support in any other than the contractual language, you are not allowed to prematurely end the contract. It's up to you to get a translator (at your expenses) if you are not able to understand or communicate with the support staff.

Sincerely, I could not find the first thread, looks like it got deleted or not approved.

I am using the original apple ethernet connector which is Gigabit, for sure is not the issue... Sometime the speedtest reports 80mbps, so for sure is not my ethernet device. At work, works fine.

About the german language, is very sad situation... Because before, I received multiple calls from a vodafone seller, until I accept the contract. And now I have a problem, and no one wants to help in english. I am totally sure that by law I can fight for that. Just believe that don't worth it... Maybe a simple signal reset will solve the issue, because was working fine few months ago.

Manu
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi radicalrj,

Your other Post is not deleted, it is here, but is closed now. We will write here. And you can't say no one won't help you because Fred answered you.

Be that as it may, did you ever reach more than 90 MBit/s?

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks for helping! Yes, I got 185mbps (because I have the speed test history, because of the QoS, on my netgear router).

Jens
Moderator:in

Hello radicalrj,

have you a pc or laptop with an integrated network-card? Or can you check, if the apple ethernet connector limit the speed?

Give me also your private data in a pm.

Regards

Jens

radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hey, thanks for answer! 
But my router in bridge mode (last year got 180mbps on QoS configuration ... Running it again, the router shows 80 ~ 90mbps only)
Same for my macbook. Apple ethernet works fine, since I use it with my home NAS, and 1Gbps available.
I can try to connect a friend machine directly to the router, but looks like something else. This is why I am asking Vodafone to check their side. (maybe a reset signal, or a mis configuration on my data plan)
I will message you as requested!

Jens

Hello radicalrj,

the signal to the cable-router is terrible. Did you use the original cable to connect the cable-router with the antenna socket? Or did you change something else?

Regards

Jens

radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

My building is very new, so the cable was already there since my first day, and it is all connected since them. I didn't change anything since my first day of installation. 

Jens

Hello radicalrj,

can we instruct a technician to you? Did you have a special time, when he can came to you or doesn't time matter? Otherwise the technician makes the appointment with you. 🙂

Regards

Jens