abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

2.4 GHz connection problems / 5 ghz works fine
MDP
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Problem: The 2,4GHz network is not working at all. Devices that support only 2,4GHz cannot connect to the router. 5GHz and ethernet connection work perfectly. This is a new router, sent to our home two weeks ago. The 2,4 GHz network only shows up for an hour or two after someone at Vodafone does an update or completely cancels our internet and reinstates it. Our previous router worked fine for more than a year. On a WLAN Radar tab, the chart is completely empty for 2,4GHz. For 5G I can see devices and channels as usual. I assume this is the device problem. We currently have a Vodafone Station, the SSIDs are split with different names and have a password, connection through WPS also does not work for 2,4 GHz network. We cannot move the router as there is only one place in our flat to connect. 

What I was trying: Restart, Reset to factory settings, splitting or not splitting the SSID, changing frequencies in any combinations. The reset to factory was done before and after splitting the SSID.

Cannot Call Helpline: We have called the help line dozens of times and everyone says no English. When we finally reached an English speaker we were told he was not allowed to help us with a technical problem in English. I also did a chat via Whatsapp for 2 hours so I could google translate to German but the 2,4 GHz network showed up for less than one hour then disappeared again and the connected devices immidiately stopped working. The individual said to call the helpline. I do not speak enough German to effectivey communicate technical problems. There seems to be no email address or any way to communicate with your company. 

Event Log:

No idea if this helps but in the event log there says something about EAPOL_FAILURE, REASON-CODE-DESCR=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID;REASON-CODE=2, ConnectionState=forcedDisassociatedAuth 

with a lot of other codes and such inbetween.

4 Antworten 4
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey @MDP,

I can gladly take a look at the connection. Maybe we can swap that device, could be possible a problem on the wifi modul. Can you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi MDP,

Our technical department had installed a new firmware on your router. Can you please perform another factory reset and then see if the 2.4GHz WLAN works again?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Dear Wallace,

We did the factory reset on the router and the problem persists. 

Please let us know if you have any other ideas on next steps.

Thank you!

Michael

Jana478
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello MDP,

I have arranged for the router to be replaced. Please send the other device back to us with the enclosed return note.

Test whether you can then use the WLAN without interference via 2.4 GHz and report back here.

Many Greetings Jana

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!