Frage

Antwort

Lösung

schlechter Kabel Service Nürnberg / poor Kabel service Nuremberg
scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Today the kabel service has been very poor. I am connected with the ethernet cable to the router, pages are failing to load. Emails are not sending. I checked the Vodafone speed test and it returned 267 Mb download and 0.99 Mb upload. Please see screen shot from the Vodafone speed test webpage. I am located in Nuremberg, post code area 90409. My German is not great, so would really struggle calling the customer support.

Since the start of my contract, approximately 9 months ago (July 2021), the service hasn't been reliable. During instances of poor service, I contacted the sales representative who sold me the Vodafone package and he advised once that there was an issue in the area and that was resolved with a few days. Issues still persisted, he also suggested upgrading to the Fritzbox for better performance. 2 months ago I paid to upgrade from the Vodafone station to the Fritz box but issues still persist. Sometimes, a reboot of the router corrects this issue and other instance it does not. I have rebooted the router today and the issue had not corrected. I would really like to cancel the service as I need reliable internet for both my partner and I to work in home office. This internet service provides unnecessary stress to both of us, I was forced to buy an LTE router as a backup. I guess I am tied in to the contract for the 24 months.

I am posting this in both German and English in case any context is lost in the translation. My preferred means of communication is English.

Deutsch

Heute war der Kabeldienst sehr schlecht. Ich bin mit dem Ethernet-Kabel mit dem Router verbunden, Seiten können nicht geladen werden. E-Mails werden nicht gesendet. Ich habe den Vodafone-Geschwindigkeitstest überprüft und er hat 267 MB Download und 0,99 MB Upload zurückgegeben. Siehe Screenshot von der Vodafone-Geschwindigkeitstest-Webseite. Ich wohne in Nürnberg, PLZ-Bereich 90409. Mein Deutsch ist nicht so toll, also hätte ich wirklich Mühe, den Kundendienst anzurufen.

Seit Beginn meines Vertrags vor etwa 9 Monaten (Juli 2021) war der Service nicht zuverlässig. Bei schlechtem Service habe ich den Vertriebsmitarbeiter kontaktiert, der mir das Vodafone-Paket verkauft hat, und er hat einmal mitgeteilt, dass es in der Gegend ein Problem gibt, das innerhalb weniger Tage behoben wurde. Die Probleme bestanden weiterhin, er schlug auch vor, für eine bessere Leistung auf die Fritzbox zu aktualisieren. Vor 2 Monaten habe ich für das Upgrade von der Vodafone-Station auf die Fritzbox bezahlt, aber die Probleme bestehen weiterhin. Manchmal behebt ein Neustart des Routers dieses Problem und in anderen Fällen nicht. Ich habe den Router heute neu gestartet und das Problem wurde nicht behoben. Ich würde den Dienst sehr gerne kündigen, da ich sowohl für meinen Partner als auch für mich ein zuverlässiges Internet benötige, um im Home Office zu arbeiten. Dieser Internetdienst belastet uns beide unnötig, ich war gezwungen, einen LTE-Router als Backup zu kaufen. Ich denke, ich bin für die 24 Monate an den Vertrag gebunden.

Ich poste dies sowohl auf Deutsch als auch auf Englisch, falls irgendein Kontext in der Übersetzung verloren geht. Mein bevorzugtes Kommunikationsmittel ist Englisch.

18 Antworten 18
scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

The issues persist this morning, no service at all. I had ping plotter running on a PC that was connected with ethernet to the router and it appears the outage started at approximately 07:07. 

ping plotter results 060422.jpg

The web page on the fritz boz states that the internet connections is okay.

fritz box internet status 060422.jpg

I pressed the reconnect button on the internet status webpage, once it 'reconnected' there was still no internet reachable.

fritz box internet status after pressing reconnect 060422.jpg

There is no information in the 'system log' to suggest what may be causing the problem.

fritz box system log 060422.jpgCan anyone on this form escalate this issue to Vodafone?

scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Apologies I did not answer the advised questions. Please see answers beneath:

• In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? Sende bitte auch die Postleitzahl
    Bayern 90409
  • Welchen Vertrag hast Du? (z.B. Internet + Telefon 100)
    Internet + Telefon 250
  • Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron)
    Fritz boz  6660
  • Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?
    Leih-Gerät von Vodafone / rented from Vodafone
  • Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schicke dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen. Stelle beim Pingplotter 2,5 Sekunden beim Intervall ein und nutze betroffene Dienste als Ziel.
    See intital (05/04/22) and follow up post (06/04/22). / Siehe Anfang (05.04.22) und Folgebeitrag (06.04.22).
  • Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN)
    LAN
  • Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)
    Not applicable, every device is affected /  Nicht zutreffend, jedes Gerät ist betroffen
  • Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)
    Not applicable, every device is affected /  Nicht zutreffend, jedes Gerät ist betroffen
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)
    Described in the previous posts / In den vorherigen Beiträgen beschrieben
  • Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch. Diese findest Du in der Benutzeroberfläche Deines Kabelrouters über 192.168.0.1 bzw. über 192.168.178.1 bei der Fritzbox.
    Signal results 3 060422.JPGSignal results 2 060422.JPGSignal results 060422.JPG
  • Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625 für Vodafone Kabel Deutschland bzw. 0221/46619100 für Vodafone West) durchgeführt?
    None / keiner
Moni_GK
Administrator:in

Hallo scott1,

willst Du lieber auf Deutsch oder englisch schreiben?

Hast Du schon unseren Netzassistenten genutzt?

Grüße Moni

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Moni,

Englisch ist besser.

I just checked the net assistant and it states there is an issue with the line:

Netz-assisteneten 060422.JPG

As I have had a lot of issues with the service since the start of the contract, I don't have much confidence that once this issue is resolved that all will be good.

Moni_GK

Hello scott1,

of course malfunctions are always annoying. However, it will show you that they are already working on the error.

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hallo Moni,

There service is again down today. When a webpage is requested is usually times outs, occasionaly it loads. The ping plotter results can be seen below: ping results 100422.JPG

For the last 12 hours the ping performance has been poor. We have not been in the house most of today, but the instances of high latency appears to correlate to when we attempt to request a webpage: 
ping results 12 hours 100422.JPG
The Netz-Assistent states there is problem in the line and it will be correct by tomorrow afternoon. netz 100422.JPG

Am I able to cancel the contract given the continued poor level of service?

scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

The disruption continues. The internet service is unusable again.
ping results 110422.JPG

Netz-Assistent now states the problem will now be resolved tomorrow.

netz 110422.JPG

Are you able to advise how I can terminate this service please? To allow me to find a reliable internet service provider.

Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Scott,

I'd like to take a look at that. Send me your customer data (name, address, customer number, birthday, current phone number) in a private message and then let me know here that you have sent the data.

Regards

Wallace

scott1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Wallace,

Private message sent.

Many thanks,

Scott