Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Unbearable Ping and Lag Spikes and low download speed in evenings between 21:00 - 23:30
erde35
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

Currently, I'm using Vodafone CableMax 1000 and except within the time period 21:00 - 23:30, everything is super fine. 

During the day according to Vodafone Speed test:
Download: 942 Mbit/s

Upload: 55 Mbit/s

Ping: 20ms

And according to speedtest.net

Download: 750 Mbit/s

Upload: 55 Mbit/s

Ping: 8ms

I usually play games, except from 21:00 - 23:30, everything is also fine there as I have ping values like 20-30ms, but when the prime time comes (21:00 - 23:30), my connection became an unbearable one.

During this period my ping is around 100-140ms while playing games and my internet speed drops to 50-100 Mbit/s. This is totally unbearable and I literally cannot play any games, and even Youtube/Netflix is freezing while streaming at this period.

Previously (like a year ago), I was using Vodafone Cable 50 and everything was consistent with it, there were no spikes or internet speed changes.

Please let me know, which details are required to investigate this issue further and fix it, otherwise, I'm seriously thinking about changing the provider if I won't be able to use my connection properly all day long and pay a huge amount.

Thanks in advance.

8 Antworten 8
Jana478
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello earth35,

I am very sorry that you are having problems with the speed of the connection.

Can you please write in which federal state you live?

Your measurements are all carried out via LAN directly at our router?

Many greetings Jana

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Jana, 

All measurements were done with LAN cable and with the same setup.

I live in Berlin and the postal code of my area is 10178.

Thanks.

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello earth35,

I'll take a closer look.

Please send me a PN   with the name of the contract holder, date of birth, full address and customer number.

After that, please leave a short info here.

Best regards, Martin

Hi Martin,

I sent you a PM with all details. Thanks in advance!

Best,

Erdem

Here is a screenshot that shows the difference between yesterdays evening and this morning 😞

speed2 (1).jpg

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello erde35,

the problems in the evening are caused by a high net utilisation. The colleagues are already working on lowering that utilisation. I made a fault report for you and added it to the central task, so you will get an email when it is closed. According to the current plan that should be done at the end of May.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Hi @Claudia,

Thanks for the response. I saw the ticket but it was closed on the same day evening, but my problem is the same nothing has changed.

Could you create another ticket that I can keep an eye on?

Best,

Erdem

Claudia

Hello Erdem,

unfortunately there was a system error that closed the last task automatically. That was eliminated now so I opened a new task and added it to the central task again.

Kind regards,

Claudia