Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet disruption and low speed after moving to a new house
JagkaranSingh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

After moving to a new apartment in the same locality, I am facing a significant increase in internet interruption and very low speed on my devices. I moved to a new apartment and plugged into the same Vodafone router which I was using in my old house and was getting around 500-600 Mbps on wifi but now I am facing huge internet drops and only 20-30 Mbps speed on my devices which is not fair.

Please resolve this issue or send someone urgently as I have to work from home or let me know what I can do to fix the issue.

While running the test on  https://speedtest.vodafone.de/  I got the results (attaching the photo). please also note while doing the testing I am sitting next to the router which means excellent signal strength.

Customer No. **************

Name - Jagkaran Singh

Vodafone router - CGA4233DE

best regards

Jagkaran Singh

Edit: @JagkaranSingh > Customer number and address removed due to data protection 

3 Antworten 3
R4mona
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi @JagkaranSingh,

I’m really sorry to hear about the frustrating internet issues you’re experiencing after moving to your new apartment. 😢 It must be incredibly stressful, especially since you rely on a stable connection for working from home.

Given that you were getting excellent speeds in your old apartment with the same router, it sounds like there might be an issue specific to your new location. 

Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check for Interference: Ensure there are no large metal objects, thick walls, or other electronic devices near your router that could be causing interference.
  2. Update Firmware: Make sure your router’s firmware is up to date. Sometimes, updates can resolve connectivity issues.
  3. Change Wi-Fi Channel: If there are many Wi-Fi networks in your area, they might be causing congestion. Changing the Wi-Fi channel on your router can sometimes help.
  4. Reposition the Router: Even though you’re sitting next to it, try placing the router in a more central location in your apartment to see if it improves the signal.
  5. Wired Connection: If possible, try connecting your device directly to the router with an Ethernet cable to see if the speed improves.

If these steps don’t help, it might be best to contact us directly and explain the situation. Given the urgency of your need for a stable connection, they should be able to prioritize your request and send a technician to assist you.

I hope this helps, and that your internet issues are resolved quickly! 🌞

Kind regards
R4mona

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
JagkaranSingh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

On 07.10.2024, a technician visited my home where we recently shifted and he did not do anything but just connected and disconnected the cables and said the internet is working fine.

I am still facing a large number of internet disconnection on daily basis specially when i am working from home, please try to understand that my work is getting affected because of this internet disconnection issue. 

I have tried everything you mentioned earlier in your comment but of no use and help.

I really urge you to send someone immediately and replace the router if that causing the problem because it's too old. The technician who visit the house must replace everything which is need for stable internet connection if not then i have switch my internet provider and that's really sad because i am a Vodafone customer from more than 3 years and you are unable to fix my internet issues 😞

Hello @JagkaranSingh ,

this is not a nice situation for you. We can't post a technician job for you in the Community. You are welcome to do this via WhatsApp. Please contact us via this link👉 Dein Kontakt zu Vodafone - Vodafone Community.
We will be happy to take care of it so that everything is up and running again as quickly as possible.

Best regards 
Ricky

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!