abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

voice/video calling problem (WhatsApp & Skype) with Vodafone TG3442DE router
nikable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Support Team,

I am using "
Red Internet & Phone
1000 Cable" since September 2019. It has been a great experince with streaming and downloading content until now (with approx. 150Mbps downloading and 20 Mbps uploading speed). However, since the DAY 1 , I am facing tremendous problems with voice and video calling (WhatsApp/ Skype) when connected with my phone (Motorola Z Play).
Connection simply drops after couple of minutes and it keeps on re-connecting  again and again until I am forced to switch to my personal data to continue the said call which is not only incovinient but also expensive.

Furthermore, voice calling from my phone works perfectly fine when connected to other router/s and connection/s.  I reinstalled the applications and /or updated them; but it was not helpful.

I have tried to be in touch with your collegues over a call several times, but it did not help ( they did not speak english).  The only answer I have received until now is - "Everything is fine from our side"

Perhaps the problem is related to following issues  that I found on community  -

1. https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Connection-drop-during-skype-whatsap...

2. https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/whatsapp-call-reconnecting-every-eve...

I went through the solution discussed in above issues and I do not intend to purchase another device / Nest Router. It would be a great help to me if you could manage to trace down the RCA of this issue and help me out so that I can make voice calls from my phone ; using my wifi connection. 

Awaiting for your response.

Many thanks in advance !
BR,
nikable

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

Your connection must be checked by a technician on site, as some values are far below the tolerance limit. Do you agree to a technician visit and can you provide access to the house system? What is the best telephone number to call to make an appointment?

Regarding COVID-19: Are you in quarantine or are there symptoms in your household that indicate COVID-19?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten 10
Wallace

Hi,

I'd like to take a look at your connection. Send me your customer data (name, address, customer number, birthday) in a private message and let me know here that you have transmitted the data.

Regards

Wallace

nikable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks for your feedback Wallace, I have sent you the necessary details 🙂

BR,
nikable

Wallace

Hey,

Your connection must be checked by a technician on site, as some values are far below the tolerance limit. Do you agree to a technician visit and can you provide access to the house system? What is the best telephone number to call to make an appointment?

Regarding COVID-19: Are you in quarantine or are there symptoms in your household that indicate COVID-19?

Regards

Wallace

nikable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

HI @Wallace,

It is OK for me if the connection needs a technical inspection.  I did not quite understand what level of access is expected in  "house system".  The router is in my apartment and can be inspected by the Technician.

Appointment can be made with the telephone number which is mentioned in the contract and should be already there in your system 🙂 It would be simply great if the said inspection and the appointment call itself could be made in ENGLISH so that I would be able to communicate in a better way.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no symptoms in my household that indicate COVID-19 and I am not in quarantine.

Thanks ,
nikable

Wallace

Hey,

Usually there is a grey box (hous system) in the basement and the technician has to get to it. Is the access guaranteed there?

Regards

Wallace

nikable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Wallace ,

As per the feedback from my building manager, this would be possible.
Should I expect a call to make an appointment with a technician or connect myself to the support hotline?

TIA 🙂
Best,
nikable

Wallace

Hey,

The technician will contact you and make an appointment.

Regards

Wallace

nikable
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Wallace,

The issue with voice/video calling is finally resolved now!  The technician had to change a few splitters and cables in the central signal distribution system of the building. A router in my home was also replaced (now - CGA4233DE ) by him. To get the most benefits of the signal strength; SSID is also split up into two (2.4 and 5GHz).

Thank You very much for your support!
BR,
nikable

Wallace

Hey,

I am very happy that the connection is working properly now. Is it okay if I close the thread?

Regards

Wallace