abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Speed drops significantly in the evenings
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hello,

I am having problems with internet connection every evening.

During the afternoon the speed reaches 100Mbps for the contract conditions easily.

During the evenings I barely get 6Mbps.

My customer number is 33*******.

Are there any works going on to fix this?

Anton

Edit: please do not post personal information publicly

29 Antworten 29

Message sent.

Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi antonkoh,

i handed it over to my colleagues. They will contact you.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Hi Thomas,

I got a call from your colleagues today and we agreed on everything.
Several hours later, I am getting a red blinking light on my modem and no connection whatsoever.
Could you please check what is going on? We specifically agreed that my cable connection would remain valid until DSL is installed.

Thank you
Anton
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
Ps:turning off/on again doesn't help
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer
The problem was resolved this morning.
Thomas

Hi Anton,

the contract is still active. We will only terminate the contract if you inform us that the DSL tariff has been activated.

Regards

Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I have a question.

Just to remind you: I had a cable contract for 100 Mbps, but was only getting no more than 5 Mbps in the evenings, because of a segment load problem that per your words would only be fixed in the last quarter of 2019. So I requested a temporary switch to DSL until this is resolved.

I received my DSL modem today, but not de-activating the cable yet, because I wanted to test both for a couple of days and compare performance.

So I noticed today that my previous cable connection is giving me a perfect speed of 100 Mbps in the evening which has never happened before. Could you please clarify - has some equipment upgrade been performed ahead of time in my district? Is this change permanent or I should expect more problems with cable?

(I will as well be testing until the end of the week to understand the complete picture)

Thanks

Anton

Thomas

Hi antonkoh,

the order because of the bandwidth is still open and the date has not changed. Nothing has changed at first. The way I see it, the load is not so high at the moment. Therefore it can already be that you reach up-to-date so good values. Unfortunately, we can't say whether it will stay that way in the long run.

Regards

Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Previously I was getting 2-5 Mbps every single evening without any exceptions.

Now I am seeing stable 99-101 Mbps every single evening at the same time of the day (during peak hours). I don't think it can be a coincidence.

I saw in several similar threads on this forum, that some people were promised to have their connection repaired in February 2019. Some examples:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Zu-langsames-Internet-am-Abend/m-p/1...

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Trotz-200Mbit-Vertrag-tempor%C3%A4re...

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Jeden-Abend-Internet-bei-rund-1-der-...

Is it possible that I was affected by the works that were done there?

I will keep testing for the next several days.

Thanks

Anton

Thomas

Hallo antonkoh,

it's true that there are some cases where the work has been completed. But that has nothing to do with your connection. Sometimes there were completely different reasons for the bad bandwidth. Your order is still open and the date has not changed. Whether you cancel the DSL contract now is entirely up to you. However, it could be that we then start again in 14 days from the beginning, if it gets worse again.

Regards

Thomas