Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet speed unacceptable (1Gbit)
FrankDiana
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, since the beginning I've had performance issues with my internet connection. It's supposed to be 1 Gb but sometimes(too oftenly) is worse than a 2000s DSL, the fastest I have obtained was somewhere between 700-800Mbits/s. Saturday night (23:00-00:00), for example the Download speed was between 3 to 7 Mbits/s, while even upload was better at 12-15 Mbits/s. That happens everyday, the connection gets lost, no matter how many times I reboot the router. 

Please I need support with this, as it's unbearable.

Thank you.

Thank you.

27 Antworten 27
Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello FrankDiana,

what kind of router do you use and were the measurements done via LAN or W-LAN?

How long has the disturbance existed approximately and in which state do you live?

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Martin,

The router is a Vodafone Station TG3442DE. The measurements are persistent wether using WLAN or LAN. Not for the highest values of course, those were achieved using LAN.

The service hasn't ever worked properly(since March). Some weekends/some weekdays the speed goes ridiculously low. I live in Bayern (PLZ 82110)

Thank you.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello FrankDiana,

I'd like to check your access, please send me your customer number, name, address and the birth date of the contractual partner. Use the private message to send the data and send a speedtest you made via ethernet with time and date in this thread.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Please find several examples of speedtests taken on Monday 7th. I will send you the details by PM. Thank you.

speedtest2.jpgspeedtest3.jpgspeedtest4.jpgspeedtest5.jpgspeedtest6.jpg

Claudia

Hello FrankDiana,

about 400 MBit/s look better than 3 to 7. Did the speed ever get so low again? I had a look at the utilisation on December 7th, it rose in the evening but in the morning the speed should have been higher judging from the net data. Where all other programms turned off while testing? We collected some tips for testing the Gigabit line, but unfortunately there are in German. But maybe you can try and test them anyway with the help of an online translator. The TCP optimizer also helped a lot of customers already.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello,

yes, obviously it is better. No, it hasn't gone that low again, or at least that I was aware of. Plus I've had 4 down times (that I know of), including the one I already reported you by PM, where the router loses connection and takes around 10 minutes to be back online.

Still, performance is way under the 1Gb and under the contract's minimum of 600. As you can also see, upload speed is really low most of the times, often being lower than 10 Mb/s. And that's also unacceptable. I expect better for both, because if not, Vodafone isn't providing as per the contract.

There weren't any other programs running, that was a "good" day. The worse one being the 4-7 Mb/s together with countless mornings, one of which I even had to use my cell phone 4G data connection so I could keep a fluid video call.

Most of those tips are useless to me, I don't care if I can download at 850 or 855 or 900 Mb/s (which my LAN is capable of since I already hit those marks on the best days),  I need a stable and reliable service without down times one out of two or three days, with a stable performance (not 800 Mb/s in the morning and 400 Mb/s in the evening, that's not reliable). And of course capable of providing suffice performance so I can do homeoffice and decent speed in respect of what I signed for. So far, I haven't attained that kind of service with Vodafone yet, and I really hope I finally can, therefore I expect more support than those tips.

Thank you.

Regards.

Martin59

Hello FrankDiana,

I will be happy to send you a technician who will take a look at the connection on site.

Please send me a PN with a current mobile phone number, the info if you can access the house system and if there are signs of Covid-19.

After that please leave a short feedback here.

Many greetings and a Merry Christmas, Martin

Hello Martin,

PN sent. I wait for more indications from your side. Thank you.

Regards and Merry Christmas.

ERFD

Hello FrankDiana,

We need to know if you can guarantee the technician access to the house (house distribution system) in the basement. Not that he comes by for nothing.

It is not necessary to record the failures. This is done by the modem itself.

Come well into the new year

Best regards Fred