abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone Cellular Contract Cancellation Nightmare
Dunnior
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I am sure that I am writing nothing new here. I have read a slew of articles from countless others with insane inssues regarding the cancelation process with vodafone. It is an absolutely horrific cyclical nightmare. Where do I even begin?

First off, there is no way to rate this company on Google Reviews which, I'm sure in a world first, would be negative stars.

I have called this company countless times and I have spoken with representatives in store who give me conflicting information with every second call. I have been told that it is absolutely no problem to cancel my cellular contract with vodafone if I decide to leave the country and deregister.  This has been proven time and time again to be "misinformation" as half of the operators tell me.

As far as I know, willingly giving false imformation is misrepresenting a contract an its information. A consumer should not have to wallow through dozens of pages of contracts to find out that the salesperson has been accidentally misinformed (lying is a more appropriate term but I digress).

To the problem:

I was heading to Australia and was told that I could cancel without issue as long as I deregister and send proof. I did not deregister because I decided to come home after three months. Shortly after I moved to Dubai and deregistered and the problems began. I was told I misworded my cancellation and that I have to stay stop immediately not that I want to cancel. Silly me for imaging that cancelling the contract didn't mean immediately but rather when you feel like you've taken enough from me. So, with great delay, annoyance, and having to ask my sister to do all the work for me, we sent another letter with a copy of the deregistration. Then:

Nothing.

No reply, no call, no e-mail, no follow up. Only after several calls and confliciting responses I finally got a response! To my most recent e-mail inquiry about the letter including deregistration? Of course, you guessed it: no. They have finally responded to my initially "incorrectly worded" written and signed letter. So now I would have to send it again. I called, again, to speak with an operator who was not only unhelpful but extremely rude.

Did you know that there are no bosses, supervisors, or owners at vodafone? Apparently there is the only operator I called who said that these positions do not exist. Are you telling me that there is a completely independant fully shared business model operating in Germany that doesn't exist anywhere else? I cannot even begin to imagine how this company functions without somoene that actually owns it! This leads in to such complex business meetings of thousands of workers to make decisions? I cannot fathom so I will skip this idea altogether.

Back to the problem. Once again, the operator said that the other operators (see 50%) have been misinformed as to how the foundation of the cellular package contract even functions. He then said that he could not be of help any longer and he would now be hanging up and hung up. So far this has been the only factual statement that has been followed up on. He said it and then he did it. Kudos.

I am now awaiting until 3 months before the contract ends so I can confirm, again, that I will have my contract discontinued because I am afraid that they will state that although they approved the cancellation they cannot follow through with it because it fell outside of the three month guideline.

How is it possible that this contract has not been rectified to help the thousands of people being disparaged by this contract? Countless threads where the moderator replies to the original poster but refuses to address the main issue:  Why can't I cancel the contract if the operators "misinformed" me about the basis for why i continued the contract? They will reply addressing parts of the issues and then say "contact me privately" but not one of the five threads I have read had ended with any positive response from the original poster that the problem has been resolved.

If anyone could please direct me in any direction where I can negatively review this company on any platform or site I will gladly write a review about my less than excellent customer experience.

Kind regards,

Dunnior

14 Antworten 14

Amazing, my favourite big company tacftic! The strong silence. First you read the complaint then try your best to placate. Didn't work? Try again. Didn't work? Ignore and hope they will go away.

Excellent strategy! Can I suggest a new one? Train your staff correctly so people won't sign up to your services under false pretenses!

I was lied to and sold a false product. I am still waiting for a response that will solve the problem.

MarvinRo
Highspeed-Klicker
Highspeed-Klicker

Hello @Dunnior

as multiple people have told you now, there is no way to cancel your contract due to you moving out of the country.

Considering this is a mobile contract you are still able to use it, even abroad.

The thing is, as much as we'd love to help you here. As per your contract, this is as much as we can do.

You are as obligated to reading your contract prior to signing it, as much as we are obligated to delivering what is written in there.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer nor the solution you were looking for.

Kind regards.

Marvin

#Stayhome & #BleibGesund

I am just surprised it's legal to lie about what the contract can do just to get someone to sign it.

Well played. I'll be sure in the future to do my best to link this thread, negatively review, and convince others to drop this service. I mean, of course, after their two year contract is up with a written letter stating you don't want to continue within three months of the termination of their contract.

Amazing disservice and horrible company.

I moved abroad from Germany a few months ago. According to the information I received from your Berlin - Ring Center Vodafone branch employee. I have the right to terminate my contract with 3 months' notice. I have sent my cancellation with my new address and requested that my contract be terminated. 

I also sent an email to the Federal Network Agency and they confirmed that I have a right to terminate my contract if I move to another country and you cannot offer me the same service for the same price. I moved to Turkey so you can't offer me the same service for the same price. I have also confirmed this with your branches. 

Another problem is that even after my contract you still charge me more than what is stated in the contract. My receipts are not displayed on the Vodafone website. It's very unprofessional, I can't even get the correct information about my billing. This service you are providing is unacceptable.

The Federal Network Agency advised me to communicate with you through my lawyer. 

I want my contract to be terminated as soon as possible. Otherwise, I will share my horrific experience and this illegal act with thousands of people through all social media and all Facebook groups (groups for people who have moved to Germany and seek advice). 

You can find all the details you need below. I look forward to hearing from you.

Also see the link below for a similar problem and solution that says the same Contracts can be terminated after 3 months due to relocation.

Scenario 4

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Internet-Telefon-TV-%C3%BCber-DSL/Umzug-Tipps-amp-Tricks/mp/1232564

With best regards,

Edit: Customer data deleted.

Hi

I think you mixed up somehting.

The link you provided is related to landline contracts. Landline contracts are eligable for termination, if Vodafone is not able to provide you the service at your new residence.

In your posting you are talking about mobile contracts. Mobile contracts are not eligable to terminate outside the minimum contract period. What VF çan do is to terminate your contract only as customer accomodation, but there is no legal right behind