abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Termination
FEDEILSECCO
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I am sending a letter to the Dortmund office to close my contract. I included my deregistration that proves I am moving out of Germany. I am pleased that my contract will end in March 2019. This is not OK and by contract and Germman Law Vodafone needs to close my contract in 3 months time. If I do not want to receive confirmation that my account wants to be closed in that time, I want to go through my legal lawyer partner to open a case against Vodafone. Please let me know.  

Customer number: xxx
VO-Id: xxx
serial number of the vodafone card: xxx
Activation date: 11.03.2017

Thank you

Edit:  It is never a good idea to post personal information openly on the internet.
4 Antworten 4
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

@FEDEILSECCO@  schrieb:

This is not OK and by contract and Germman Law Vodafone needs to close my contract in 3 months time.

So where in your mobile(!) phone contract and in the German laws does it say that a mobile(!) contract can be prematurely terminated when moving abroad?  Please quote/post screenshots.  Thanks.

@FEDEILSECCO@  schrieb:

If I do not want to receive confirmation that my account wants to be closed in that time, I want to go through my legal lawyer partner to open a case against Vodafone.

And now everybody be scared.

Short and sweet:  As opposed to fixed network connections, there is no legal basis for the termination of a mobile contract based on leaving the country (unless of course you can convince me by posting the above requested). 

So instead of trying to "threaten" your contractual partner by claiming that you would open a case against Vodafone with the help of your "lawyer parter", how would it be if you politely asked if there is a chance for some kind of agreement to be reached?

You could also ask family, friends and colleagues if they would need a mobile contract and then transfer it to them.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Hi Knight,

thank you for your reply. I asked very politely to 3 different Vodafone stores in Berlin. I am talking VODAFONE ONLY stores. They were all smiles when I needed to open the contract. When I needed to close it, they all acted like they have nothing to do with Vodafone or its customers. Frankly, a ridiculous experience.

I then asked politely over the phone. Nothing.

I asked politely to contact me in my letter to the dortmund office (a letter, in 2018...). No reaching out from the Vodafone team. It is the most frustrating customer experience I have ever witnessed.

Each one gave different answers. They either know nothing, or lie.

As per your last points:

- The legal matter will be taken care of by professionals. If you believe that in Vodafone contracts there is NO WAY TO GET OUT (by moving out of country or just asking to close the contract), please share. I honestly doubt it. 

- Mybe you want to take on my Vodafone contract? As per my family and friends (many of whom ask me suggestions on which mobile plan to go for), trust me I will not suggest Vodanone (there's a lot of better options, guys: Lycamobile, O2  etc.)

Regards,

Federico

Isn't it a little lame to first claim

@FEDEILSECCO@  schrieb:

This is not OK and by contract and Germman Law Vodafone needs to close my contract in 3 months time.

and then (when asked for proof regarding the section in your contract or in the German Telecommunications Law where it says so regarding mobile connections) retreating to

@FEDEILSECCO@  schrieb:

If you believe that in Vodafone contracts there is NO WAY TO GET OUT (by moving out of country or just asking to close the contract), please share.

and turning the argument around?  Or is it rather that you know that both your arguments are not valid and all your "threatening" is rather not helpful und want to deflect from that fact?

Still patiently waiting for you to post the section of your contract with the respective agreement in it.  Thanks.

And your approach in terms of

@FEDEILSECCO@  schrieb:

(...) trust me I will not suggest Vodanone (there's a lot of better options, guys: Lycamobile, O2  etc.)

is not really a too sensible one, either.  Why would you try to be rude/bully-ish/threatening towards your contractual partner when you need his goodwill to help you resolve your issue?  I sincerely don't get it.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Hi Knight,

thanks again for the prompt reply. It would be fruitful if someone from the Vodafone team would actually contact me instead of relying on people in the community that do not have any power on resolving my issues. A few days have passed since my post.

Let me see if I can express myself in a better way:

- I open a contract with Vodafone

- The team in the shop tells me I can close my contract before the 2 years end by either: 1. providing proof of my leaving Germany 2. paying a penalty (I am willing to do this if  only Vodafone would contact me to arrange this, as I did with my Kabel internet contract)

- It seems impossible to close my contract

- with all things above, I am already expecting my contract to be "tacitally renewed" at the end of the 2 years.

You ask for proof of the legal stuff. Well my friend, to mke things easier for the customer, I had to sign a 10-pager document. I'll leave the details to the legal professionals. Did you read all of your contract papers when you signed with Vodafone?  

Since you are so knowledgeable, would you please enlighten me as to what are the options to close my contract in advance? Thank you.

You also ask "Why would you try to be rude / bully-ish / threatening" - I told you: this is  what happens when you cannot do the most basic thing (closing my contract) by: 1. visiting three (3) Vodafone offline stores 2. Trying to do it online 3. contacting customer care 4. asking to be contacted in my physical letter.

I am sure I am not the only one who wants to close his contract in Vodafone's career. And I understand their incentive in keeping me in their contract and making me spend time, money and energy by having this discussion online with someone who cannot help.

So: What is your suggestion for me to close my contract? Is it about  "asking nicely"? It failed in the past but who knows, maybe it can still worrk and Vodafone can keep a customer.

Thanks