abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Tariff After Original Contract Ends
korujzade
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

(The questions are intended for Vodafone staff)

Hi,

I have "Young M with Premium Smartphone" tariff contract which was supposed to end on the 13th of April 2020. Because I did not terminate in time (at least 3 months earlier), it was extended for one more year. I have several questions in this situation:

1. How much am I supposed to pay for the extended year if I do not change anything? Will it be "Monthly Package Price Without Cell Phone"?
  2. I was informed that I can change the tariff, but it is not possible online by clicking "Tarif ändern". When I try to change, I receive the below pop-up message: "Sie möchten Ihren Tarif wechseln. Das geht leider nicht. Noch besser für Sie: Verlängern Sie Ihren Vertrag mit neuem Smartphone. Wir leiten Sie direkt weiter."
    1. Which tariffs can I choose?
    2. Will it start after the 13th of April, 2020 or after the extended time (the 13th of April, 2021).
  3. I can see on the tariffs page that the current Young M tariff (under 28) has 12GB data while the version on my contract is 4 GB. Will my extended Young M tariff be the newer or older one?
  4. I will graduate soon and not sure how long I will stay in Germany. Can I terminate my contract (either the currently extended or the one I would change) when I leave the country or am I supposed to pay by the end of the contract period regardless of a location?

Thanks

7 Antworten 7
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The Tariff will stay as it is, e.g. if you right now have 4 GB of data, it will stay there - but any discounts or specials that only had a limited applicable time will end. And the tariff will NOT change into one without smartphone - it will stay on "with smartphone" - you may either opt for a new smartphone or for a so called "sim-only tariff" - but in both cases, your contract will enlarge for additional 24 months from the day you opt to either of them.

About your question with leaving Germany:

As you can still use the contract abroad as contractually agreed (e.g. including roaming fees), there is no premature cancellation possible. A premature cancellation would only be possible if the contract could not be used as contractually agreed (which mostly only applies to landline contracts).

Thanks for the answer.

Regarding the termination:
I will graduate in March and most likely will not stay in Germany. I delayed the termination application for 10 days (original end date is 13th of April, 2020). Is there any chance that I can still get the termination for my current contract? It would be really pity for me if I pay for two more years while I am not using the number. 

If you do not change anything on your current contract, it'll only extend for one year, not for two.

The two years extension is only applicable if you do any active changes on your contract, e.g. changing to another tariff (like the one without smartphone) -or- if you opt for a new smartphone...

And I'm pretty sure that 10 days is too late...

I am confused. If I do not make any active change on my tariff, how much will I pay for the extendend one year? My current tariff is with smarthphone. Does it mean that I am supposed to pay for as the same amount as I pay right now? If yes, the current price includes my smartphone. Does it mean that I need to pay around 50 eurs per month if I don't want it to extent to two-year contract?  

If you don't have any discounts right now that may end after 24 months, then your price will stay the same if you do not actively change anything.

Let me wrap up our conversation and please confirm if I understand correctly:
Original contract "Young M with Smartphone" ends on the 13th of April, 2020. It is automatically extendend for one year (to 13th of April, 2021). If I do not do anything, I will pay the exact amount (young m with smartphone) for one more year. I can change to another contract (i.e. young m without smartphone), but it will create a contract for two-year period.

And if I leave Germany (I will not have any residence in Germany at all), I will still be required to pay the monthly payment and there is no way to make early cancelation.

Are they all correct?

As I said: It depends on your current contract. If there are any discounts that are only granted for 24 months, they end and your invoice payment will increase by that (them missing) discount. If no discounts apply right now, your price will stay the same. You should check your original paperwork if there are any discounts mentioned that run out after 24 months (as far as I know, the longest period discounts are granted).

And according to the documents on the Vodafone site, your contract should stay at these 42,99 € -in case it's what you pay right now.

And yes - if you do any changes, it'll be an extension for another 24 months.

For moving abroad: As I said: You can still use your contract out of Germany, but roaming conditions apply. Within the EU this means, that you can use your contract for the first 3 months after leaving Germany without any additional charges, afterwards charges may apply as you then run out of the fair-use policy. Outside of the EU, the regular charges apply - but sometimes there are special packages that make roaming not that expensive.