abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Possible Cancelation Cellphone contract
h_barreto
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

Sorry for writing in english, my German definitely not good enough to discuss something of that importance.

I have moved to the UK since June this year, I reckon it was not possible to cancel my mobile contract as Vodafone could still offer the same service under the same conditions to me.

Unfortunately right now, after I had to cancel my Vodafone landline, the mobile service has became so much more expensive and without the additional gigacube mobile data I had. It is just not under the same conditions I had, as I'm now paying more, with less data.  And on top of that, getting people here to call me has become a nightmare as they usually would have to pay more on their plans to call a german number.

I would like to know if there's an alternative for that. Maybe making my contract way cheaper without anything so I can just "retire" my number and finally get something here in the UK, or really finding a way where I can really cancel this number. 

I was a good customer over the years, had Vodafone for over 3 now, all under a contract, and seems a bit harsh not being able to find a way to cancel this contract for me. I moved because of a job offer, so it was really something else.

I would consider discussing options as well, so whoever can, please DM me and I would really love to find a way.

Another issue I have been having currently is that I'm under the social pass, and apparently my usage of Instagram has been counting my data consumption.

Looking forward to your reply.

Henrique

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The option you have is to cancel the contract to the end of the contractual term. There's no other option than that...

And it's just wrong to assume that your pricing has increased - you got a special discount (GigaKombi) that only applies if you have both, a landline and a mobile contract - and you knew that you would not be allowed to use that discount once one of the contracts is terminated (no matter why it was terminated). This also applies to additional data volumne that you got as part of this discount.

You right now have the contract that you initially signed for - for the price and data volume that you initially agreed upon (without the goodies from the GigaKombi discount).

Actually by the time I had the contract, I was not considering to cancel my landline while I would have the cellphone to not pay this amount.

That being said, is there no possible way to decrease the contract value without extending it? Is there really no option in case someone moves away from Germany and has to live on roaming until the contract finishes?

I would really appreciate any help on this matter.

Also, can we also discuss the social pass being active and I consumed data while doing it?

Thanks

@h_barreto  schrieb:

That being said, is there no possible way to decrease the contract value without extending it? Is there really no option in case someone moves away from Germany and has to live on roaming until the contract finishes?

You signed for a contract with a specific term - so you are bound to this term, no matter if your personal situation changes or not. If you don't want to be bound that long, you shouldn't have signed a contract but instead should've opted for a pre-paid card that can be cancelled at any time.

@h_barreto  schrieb:

Also, can we also discuss the social pass being active and I consumed data while doing it?

The passes are only active within Germany. You get some additional data volume for roaming in the EU, but it's definitely no zero rating outside of Germany.

@reneromann I imagine you work with Vodafone?

The pass being inactive outside of Germany seems like the same service can't be offered then... therefore it is not the same as having the contract in Germany (That was the whole explanation on why I couldn't close my contract).

Not having this is kind of a deal-breaker in my opinion as those passes were offered as per my contract, and could indeed justify the higher charged amount.

Happy to discuss this further through a direct message or any other way.

Appreciate your replies

@h_barreto  schrieb:

@reneromann I imagine you work with Vodafone?

No.

@h_barreto  schrieb:

The pass being inactive outside of Germany seems like the same service can't be offered then... therefore it is not the same as having the contract in Germany (That was the whole explanation on why I couldn't close my contract).

No - the pass is not inactive, the pass is active inside Germany and does zero-rating inside Germany, it is also active in the EU and gives you there an additional data volume that can be used for the services before it will be deducted from your regular data volume. This is clearly stated in the description of the passes...

Ok, I would wait for some Vodafone representative to get in contact with me then so I can discuss it further, it would be pointless to be discussing it with you, but I do appreciate your inputs.