abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Help to cancel my SIM card
bella09oliveira
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, 

I apologize for my lack of german skills... I've had my SIM card stolen and can't seem to cancel it. As I am still being charged monthly by it I am desperate to cancel it - please could someone help? My number is ***. 

Thank you!!!

Edit: Mobile phone number removed

6 Antworten 6
Der Ritter
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Is it a prepaid or a 24-month contract you have, @bella09oliveira?  If we knew, the thread could be moved to the correct board, as there is no handling of customer requests in the Feedback board.

In the latter case (24-month contract), the loss/theft of the SIM card does not entitle you to prematurely cancel the contract.  In both cases you can order a new SIM (with the exsisting phone number) and continmue to use the service as usual.

More important though:  Have you had the SIM blocked already?  If not, you should do so as quickly as possible.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is a 24 month contract - but I thought in the case of theft I would be able to cancel it or at least pause it. Is there any way to pause these automatic payments until I am back in Germanny - beginning of March? Otherwise I am unable to receive a new SIM card and therefore am being charged by a service I am not able to reach at the moment...

If this is not possible, could you please give me any directions as to how to block the SIM card? I have not done so.

Thank you again,

Isabella.

Moved from "Feedback"

Not really sure about pausing the payments, as this would to my best of knowledge need to be applied for before temporarily moving abroad (if possible at all).

Don't you have a postal address where you could receive a new SIM card before March?

Either way, the fastest possibility to block the SIM is calling customer care at +49 172 12 172 12.  PLease be advised that any cost occuring after the loss of the SIM in case of abuse by the finder card will need to be paid for by you, so you better act fast, @bella09oliveira.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Is there another way I could address customer care? Either a contact number (not automatic voice recording) or an email/online chat? The number you have provided here works in german and due to my limited language skills it is hard for me to use it. I just want to block the SIM Card. 

And as I am currently in Brazil, I'm not sure the postal code would be valid to send a new SIM before March.

Hi bella09oliveira,

The easiest would be if you had a German-speaking friend in Germany, who could contact Vodafone on your behalf. That person could discuss the possibility to pause the payments as well as be the receipient of your SIM. They could also forward it to Brazil then, if necessary.