abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Contract Cancellation: Leaving Germany due to Emergency!
CustomerZ
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, I've been working in Germany for a couple of months and I signed a contract for a mobile phone, but my wife had a car accident in the country where I come from so I had to leave my job in Germany and leave Germany immediately.

Now about the contract, when I signed my contract at the Vodafone Center Munich, I asked the employee couple of questions and one of them was, If am able to close my contract and what gives me the right to do it. The employee told me that i can cancel my contract without any charge if I have to leave Germany. So when I was about to leave Germany, I went to the "Vodafone Shop M-PEP" and explained my situation to the employee that was working there, he asked me to deliver "Abmeldung" document, so I went back to get the document and the next day I came back to deliver the document, and he told me that my contract will be closed soon, and I'm going to be notified via email.

However my contract was never closed and I never received any email, I was paying all my bills, and they just keep coming while I'm not using any of the vodafone services and I'm just paying for nothing, I'd like my contract to be closed as soon as possible and I'm asking for an employee or someone that's in charge to assist me as soon as possible, please.

Thank you in advance!

2 Antworten 2
MichaM
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello CustomerZ,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for addressing your issue here.

I'm sorry to hear about the sad reason that made you leave the country.

It seems unclear what the shop assistant meant by telling you that you can cancel the contract without any charge.

You can, of course, cancel a contract, but not without notice.

When you sign up - as a private client - for a contract with a new phone, you do so for a minimum period of 24 months.

The 24 months are not negotiable and it has to be checked individually if there is room for an exception.

Leaving Germany is usually no exception, especially if you stay within the European Union, which allows you to keep using your mobile service without any extra charge.

If you want to, I'll see what I can do about your issue.

All the best.

Regards

Michael

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

I sent you a private message