abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancelling contract - Moving abroad
Cristinagg
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hello,

I signed a mobile contract with Vodafone Germany in June 2019. Unfortunately, I had to leave the country in January 2020. I sent a request to Vodafone asking for the cancellation of my contract as I was moving abroad. I provided the Abmeldung and documentation that prove that now I live in England. I was told that I have a permanence and I have to continue paying the german mobile contract until June 2021.

This is causing me a lot of trouble because no bank and no other organism accept a german number. If it is not possible to cancel the german contract, is it possible at least to transfer my german contract to Vodafone UK and get an english mobile number?

Currently I am paying a high rate for the german contract and I am not receiving the same service as if I were in Germany. This contract is complicating my life too much. If I am on a trip (inside Europe) and I have to call my homeland (England), I have to pay a high rate for that call. However, if I were living in Germany and I had to call my homeland, I would not have to pay for that call. Additionally nobody can reach me out in my new homeland  without having to pay a fee.

Could you please help me to find a solution? I have been in this situation for 10 months already.

I hope you can help. Thanks!

1 Antwort 1
MichaM
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Cristinagg,

Welcome to the Community Smiley (fröhlich)

I'm sorry you're not happy with the situation. Thanks for detailing the issues you have with your contract.

1. "is it possible at least to transfer my german contract to Vodafone UK and get an english mobile number?"

I'm afraid we cannot transfer contracts between the national Vodafone companies, for legal reasons.

2. "If I am on a trip (inside Europe) and I have to call my homeland (England), I have to pay a high rate for that call."

Unless you travel in Germany, this should not be the case, because, until Dec 31st 2020, you still benefit from the EU roaming regulations (interim phase for the UK-EU-relations).

3. "nobody can reach me out in my new homeland  without having to pay a fee."

This depends on the price plan your caller uses with his service provider.

I will gladly check on issue no. 2 and give you an update on the state of your contract, if you care to send me a private message.

Regards

Micha

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!