Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancellation of contract
Zol7ang
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Good day
I'm leaving Germany in July, moving back to the UK, I've send Vodafone notification of termination but now they tell me my contract will run till 2020 my contract was taken out in June 2014 I've send the notice this month and still they tell me my contract will run till 2020 my letter was send on the 1st of March

Please help and thank you for your time

5 Antworten 5
Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser
Hi @Zol7ang,

There isn't a special right of notification of termination when you leaving Germany. Especially in the EU you can use the mobile phone contract like in Germany as well (EU roaming).

I believe that your contract extended 12 month because you missed the notice period. The next ending of the contract is 2020 now.
Zol7ang
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Roaming cost won't be worth it and don't know if you know it's by now but the UK won't be part of the EU any more
Zol7ang
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
And I've send my notice of cancellation on the 1st of March that is within 3 months of June or am I wrong? How much notice should I send to Vodafone?
Zol7ang
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
And how will I make payments as I have to close my bank account when I leave germany
Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi @Zol7ang,

Even if the UK isn't a part of the EU anymore the EU roaming will work furthermore for a while.
In your MeinVodafone portal you will find the dates (end date of the contract, the latest date for the termination).

When does your contract ends (what date will shown you in your MeinVodafone portal)?