abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancellation of Contract out of Germany but it is not done
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Dear community, 

I am writing here because Vodafone did not answer me in a proper way and not canceled my contract.

I wish to cancel my Vodafone mobil contrat and I sent a letter on 19.06.2018 because I left to France to live, with my Abmeldung from Germany attached to the letter, stating that I am moving to another countrybecaue I have to work there and I do not have a home anymore in Germany. Unfortunately theyt did not cancel it and just sent me a letter that my contract will end on normal time which is 20.01.2019! I called them back telling that I am not living anymore in Germany but they told me I cannot cancel.

I know that the German law allows me to cancel it when I move out of Germany but Vodafone does not allow..

All my trials to cancel my contract is with no success. Now I am living in France and paying a contract which I do not use. So please try to help me if you could to resolve this issue and cancel my contract.

If there is no help from here, I see only solution to stop payment from my bank which I do not desire to do so as legal activities will have to follow, but I am not willing to pay for this contract neither.

Please let me know, I already provided with letter but I can provide again my abmeldung and proof of address from France. My contract number is ***

Best Regards,

Tugrul

Edit: Customer number removed for data protection reasons

19 Antworten 19

@Gelöschter User@  schrieb:
Okay so as per I understand, Vodafone cannot provide the same service after 3 months. So they have to cancel in this way after 3 months...lets take it that way......

That's not true - Vodafone can still provide the same service as contractually agreed.

You got free SMS & talks only INSIDE Germany - And you have to pay roaming fees if being abroad. These contractually agreed services are neither bound to the place where you live nor do they change if you move - the services remain identical. These contractually agreed services are anyhow NOT related to the place (as they are MOBILE services and NOT stationary services). That's why you have no right to prematurely cancel the contract (and even a lawyer would tell you so).

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Okay this sounds like you are not proposing me a solution. Well I am saying then that: Vodafone is not able to provide me the same service after 3 months. Then I will say my bank to stop the payment if no solution comes out from here..... great help

The only solution (and I doubt that you will like it):

Send a "regular" cancellation -AND- pay until the end of your contract.

Again: You did NOT sign a contract stating that Vodafone has to supply you with a service at a specified address - you signed for a contract that you can use everywhere - and that contract includes free SMS&talks to Germany if being inside Germany -and- roaming fees if you are not inside Germany -and- additional fees if calling lines or sending messages to numbers outside Germany. You still get what you pay for and what was contractually agreed on: free SMS & talks if you are inside Germany -and- additional fees if being out of Germany or if calling/sending messages to lines abroad.

The telecommunications act would only allow you to prematurely cancel if Vodafone would not be able to service you at the new location, but only if any specific location is named within the contract. And this specific location is missing in your mobile contract. Besides that, Vodafone is capable of delivering you with the contractual agreed services within France: As you are staying outside of Germany, you have to pay for the roaming fees that are contractually agreed (this would only be different if you'd have a contract that would not include any kind of roaming fees at all - but Vodafone did not make that kind of contracts -and- even the EU regulation does not ask for that) - and the same applies if you would call French numbers or you are sending text messages there: These messages are not part of the "free SMS and talks to Germany" part of your contract, so you have to pay for them...

By the way: If you stop the payment, you'll definitely have to pay additional fines - so that's the worst option that you can take. But it's up to you - you'll have to pay for the service that you agreed to - the one way or the other.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Okay so people:

please be carefull before signing a contact with vodafone.

Because as you see here, they will never ever cancel your contract even if you change your country. I think the community need to know that clearly. I will also let people know about it in internet as the freedom of getting a knowledge is in German law, Vodafone cannot stop me doing that. I am not sayi g anything wrong or bad, I am saying as everyone says, if you change your country Vodafone does not let you cancel the contract and also increase the roaming fees after a while.

By the way, if stop the payment, i stop it... 🙂 you don’t get the money in this case.... because you are not able to provide me exactly the same service without applying roaming fees or whatsoever...

Know I will just let everyone know about this.... this is my right and you can do nth about it, so stop bullying or threatining me!

There is no help in this community.... this is obvious.

Okay, everyone:

Please be careful when @Gelöschter User is trying to sign a contract with you.

Not only will he/she not necessarily accept the T&Cs that he/she signed for (based on an extensive lack of capability of understanding), he/she will also possibly commit fraud and breach the contract if the T&Cs are followed by you as his/her contractual partner and he/she doesn't understand what he/she signed for.

He/she will also threaten to blackmail you as a business/contractual partner in order to put pressure on you if he/she wants you to alter the T&Cs in his/her favor and you as a business don't allow that to happen.

He/she will also break the law to do so and claim it on

(...) the freedom of getting a knowledge is in German law (...)

while not understanding that knowingly publishing false accusations such as this one can get him/her a rather large fine or even prison time if this is followed up by the business/contractual partner he/she is trying to harm.

Good thing you left your customer number in your first post.  That will make it a lot easier to track you down, should necessity arise.

I guess this thread can/should be closed.  There possibly is no cure for this sort of mental condition.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

I am sorry but you are accusing me about lying and faking!!! ??? 

I am just saying that you are not cancelling my contract... Isn't that true?

1) You are not able to provide exactly the same service. You are changing the roaming fees after a while. You said that!

2) You said that I have no right to cancel my contract if I change my country.

So, now you threaten me about taking legal action??? 🙂 Don't be so funny... I just wrote again what you said exactly...

I am saying it again and again. Vodafone does not cancel my contract when I changed my country. So please when you sign a contract, think about it.... 

Also additional roaming fees may apply when you change a country.... So your bills can be higher.

This information is provided by Vodafone Community Forum Moderators..

I keep all my legal writes here and acknowledge you about it. So be carefull when you are writing to me and watch up your sentences. Do not ever again threaten me!

I came here with all my hope to cancel my contract. You just made me more and more angry and sad about the service that you provide to me. If that is your "bussiness", then I wish you good luck. I have been enough nice here to look for a solution but what I hear was just "you can never ever cancel your contract and your payment will increase", in addition "I have been threatened with my contract number to be taken legal action".

Very nice behavoir of yours..... If I was not looking for solution, I would not come here and leave my contract number!

Plus, I can track you very well my friend, better than you do to me with just a contract number....... So do not threaten me. Rather than doing that, propose a solution as you still have a chance to keep me as a good customer.

Please do not close this topic because it is not solved.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Check Article 2 point 1:

https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/englisch_gg/englisch_gg.html

Every person shall have the right to free development of his personality insofar as he does not violate the rights of others or offend against the constitutional order or the moral law.

I meant that one, I am sorry if you misunderstood 😉 

I think you do not get my point, if you do not give any proposal to my problem, so please say it. Let's not waste our times and try to argue here... I came to look for a solution, not to argue with anyone here. 

I am sure you will understand that. Your sentences are just making me more sad about the service I get...

1. This platform is mainly u2u, not another customer service helpdesk.  You have been provided with all the required and correct information.
  2. Go ahead and "develop your personality".  Just accept to live with the possible consequences as well in terms of

(...) insofar as he does not violate the rights of others or offend against the constitutional order or the moral law.

and please refer to this and this paragraph of the German Criminal Code when trying to understand.  Thanks.

End of discussion for me as another customer of Vodafone.  You don't want/are not capable to understand.  Fine with me.  I'm out of here.  Good bye and good riddance.

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

I close this subject. I see no reason to keep this going. It just makes me sad...

This was not my idea to argue here.

I am sorry about arguing. And I am sorry if you misunderstood. My sentence about "Think about signing a contract" means: Please know that your contract will not be cancelled because of moving to another country. I find it nice to give information.

Please clean up or accept as solved. I think there is no solution. I can just give you a feedback that I will not be a customer of yours again, unfortunately. 

I thought you are legally presenting Vodafone. I am mistaken. This is my mistake. So I take all my sentences back.

End of topic. 

The contract number that was provided does not belong to me. I wrote for a friend. This acknowledgement is needed.

Thanks for your replies. I well understood.

The contract number that was provided does not belong to me. I wrote for a friend. This acknowledgement is needed.

Sure enough.

I close this subject. I see no reason to keep this going. It just makes me sad...

Okay, I'll gladly put a lock on the door.