Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Cancellation of Contract out of Germany but it is not done
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Dear community, 

I am writing here because Vodafone did not answer me in a proper way and not canceled my contract.

I wish to cancel my Vodafone mobil contrat and I sent a letter on 19.06.2018 because I left to France to live, with my Abmeldung from Germany attached to the letter, stating that I am moving to another countrybecaue I have to work there and I do not have a home anymore in Germany. Unfortunately theyt did not cancel it and just sent me a letter that my contract will end on normal time which is 20.01.2019! I called them back telling that I am not living anymore in Germany but they told me I cannot cancel.

I know that the German law allows me to cancel it when I move out of Germany but Vodafone does not allow..

All my trials to cancel my contract is with no success. Now I am living in France and paying a contract which I do not use. So please try to help me if you could to resolve this issue and cancel my contract.

If there is no help from here, I see only solution to stop payment from my bank which I do not desire to do so as legal activities will have to follow, but I am not willing to pay for this contract neither.

Please let me know, I already provided with letter but I can provide again my abmeldung and proof of address from France. My contract number is ***

Best Regards,

Tugrul

Edit: Customer number removed for data protection reasons

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

@Gelöschter User@  schrieb:

The contract number that was provided does not belong to me. I wrote for a friend. This acknowledgement is needed.

Sure enough.

I close this subject. I see no reason to keep this going. It just makes me sad...

Okay, I'll gladly put a lock on the door.

Ein Klick auf "Danke" tut nicht weh - ich sage schon mal "Dankeschee!"

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

19 Antworten 19
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser
Sorry, but you are wrong about German laws. Laws only allow a premature cancellation if the service cannot be provided at your new location - but as Vodafone is able to provide you with the service (using roaming services), you cannot prematurely cancel the contract.
The right to prematurely cancel is for landline services, but not for mobile services...
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Sorry but I am not able to use the same service! I cannot use my unlimited calls and sms in France anymore!

Providing just internet is not my whole contrat...

So I still have the right to cancel the contrat in this case isn't it?

So I still have the right to cancel the contrat in this case isn't it?

Of course you can cancel the contract at the end of the regular 24 months period.

If you are talking about prematurely however, the anser is no.  Because the roaming usage (which may include limitations) is part of your contract that you accepted by signing the contract.

Achtung, es folgt eine Signatur: Wenn überhaupt, dann jammern wir auf einem extrem hohen Niveau.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Let’s put it that way:
1) Are you able to provide me unlimited calls and sms in France with same price because I normally have unlimited calls and sms on my contract.
2) There was no EU roaming when I signed my contract. Are you able to prove me that I have signed it?

If you say yes for both, then I cannot cancel. But if you are not able to say yes for 1 of them, then you have to cancel my contract right away.

I am just willing that we both apply the law. Let’s be clear and answer these questions. If we do not apply the law and try to take people’s money without providing the same service, then this is a huge legal issue which I am not willing ay this stage. I am still trying to colloborate, so please cancel my contract now, I am kindly asking that as a user. Let me leave happilly and don’t make me write hundreds of comments in all internet websites...

Let me leave happilly and don’t make me write hundreds of comments in all internet websites...

Now isn't it a perfect idea to try and bully/threaten your contracual partner on whose courtesy you are depending at this very moment?

Let me put it simple:  The roaming conditions apply.  As they changed in your favor due to the EU regulations, you have suffered no loss with them being applied to your contract.  And any agreements on unlimited calls and texts did and do not refer to usage via roaming, neither before the EU reguilation nor after it.

Vodafone Germany may have a chance to help you with this topic.  However, the more you bully and threaten, the lower their motivation might sink to let you have something you are not entitled to.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Nobody is bullying or threatining you... But your customet service did to me... I have been trying to cancel my contract and communicate with you since 19.06.2018 but all your operators either shut down the phone or just told me I have no way to cancel my contract and they did not record a complaint just because I do not speak German.

So, believe me, I am still being really nice as someone who is paying a lot for a service which is not used. I came here to look for a solution, believing that there may still be nice people trying to solve problems in this company. I have seeb so many posts here in this forum which are solved amazingly by nice people and had a hope to solve mine.

Talking about unlimited calls and sms, Vodafone is not providing this in France and I have no way to come back to Germany to use it as I do not live there anymore.

If Vodafone Germany has a chance to help, so please do it and let your costumer be happy. I wrote here with the motivation to find help, not to threaten. But please keep in mind that after 1 month trying with no success it is normal that I am getting really tired of sending 3-4 letters and making calls...

I still have some hope that you will find the point that I have the chance to cancel the contract. I am waiting for your reply

Just let us clarify a few things:

This forum is a managed customers-help-customers forum. So neither @Der Ritter nor me are anyhow related to Vodafone - we are also both only customers like you.

And about the premature cancellation thing:

The law states that you have the right to premature cancel the contract if the service cannot be provided in the same way at the new location. But as your mobile contract is not related to a specific address, this special law is not applicable to mobile contracts. Even if it would be applicable, you still receive the same service at your new location that you received there before - free SMS & talking inside Germany and roaming prices if being abroad. And due to the special roaming agreements inside the EU (EU roaming regulation) you can use your SMS & talking even in France for at least 3 months without additional fees (for both - calling & SMS to Germany -and- calling & SMS to France). After these 3 months, Vodafone might apply additional fees.

And the last thing:

The only contractual language in Germany is German - so please don't be "shocked" if you don't receive help in other languages than German. I doubt that a French provider would in general accept and provide support in other languages except French.

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Okay so as per I understand, Vodafone cannot provide the same service after 3 months. So they have to cancel in this way after 3 months...lets take it that way......
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar
Plus, they say you that they have an English speaking hotline when you buy it.

Okay, I am still hoping some people here would be helping me rather then saying I cannot cancel.