Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone is still keeping reniewing our contract
Pamela
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Good morning to all

We have moved abroad and send our cancellation via email at the right time before the expiaration date. We discovered few weeks later that the contract was not cancelled and reniew it automatically for 24 months. We have contacted again Vodafone and they told us that they never received the cancellation. They asked us to send the form via mail. We did that and again Today they said they did not receive the cancellation and it is not their fault if we moved abroad.

To be honest, we do not know what do do next. we were cheatted at the store when signing the contract and they promissed us to receive money back....which never happened.  We have been trying to cancel the contract and it never happen. 

Before contacting a lawyer, we would like to understand if this blog can help to solve this situation.

Looking foward to hering from someone.

Cheers

Edit: @Pamela  Moved in the right board. Best regards Kurtler

8 Antworten 8
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Did you get any kind of confirmation that your e-mail was received? As far as I know, there is no official e-mail address published and in so far, your mail might have never been received by Vodafone. And as it is obviously your obligation to provide proof that your notice has been received - and not Vodafones to provide the opposite fact that they didn't do, it's now up to you.

If you cannot provide proof that your cancellation / movement notice has been received, then your contract will run as initially signed for, which means it'll automatically extend every time the term passed for another 12 months if no cancellation notice has been received by Vodafone at least 3 months before the current term ends.

And if you cannot provide that proof, you won't get any money back - as the contract then never has been cancelled until now.

Despite this, you'll at least have to pay for another 3 months after a notice has been provided that you move to an address that the contract cannot be fullfilled at. This 3 months anyhow start the earliest with the day of the move, even if you'd notice before. But this only is valid if the contract cannot be fullfilled at the new address - which usually only applies to landline contracts.

A few things that I missed:

a) You may use the contact form to provide all the details -> here

b) You may also use the relocation service -> here 

c) You'll need to attach any kind of official letter stating that you've moved/left Germany - usually this would be a copy of your deregistration letter

The first cancellation was done via the APP the second one via a Letter sent via DHL with a tracking number. 

We have sent a DHL with the cancellation latter on the 6/01/ 2021 we know  that the cancellattion arrived. The operator few minutes ago said that for some reasons they do not have it and to send a new one. 

I have attached the scan. 

What kind of contract are we talking about?

If it is a cable contract (using the antenna outlet), Ratingen is the wrong address - depending on where you lived, it would have been Erfurt or Cologne.

If it is a mobile contract, Ratingen is the right address, BUT there is no right to prematurely cancel the contract as mobile contracts can be fullfilled even in other countries (as roaming fees are contractually agreed to).

Only for a DSL contract (using the telephone outlet), Ratingen would be correct.

Yes, we have sent the cancellation form  with the deregistration from Germany. We have already sent the documents as we were asked and we have proof that the documents arrived. We will send them again but at the same time we will lodge a complain the consumer protection in Germany. 

We do not want Vodafone to keep reniewing our contract!

I saw from another post that another consumer had the same problem and the only solution was to contact a lawyer. 

it is a mobile contract and what we asked was to stop the reniew the contract!  but APPARENTLY no one is receiving the communications and now we have a contract till November 2021!  

We have sent the form as asked to Vodafone GMBH D2 Park N.5  40875 Ratingen with a DHL and still Vodafone is saying that they did not receive it. Few minuts ago the operator said to send again the form to the same address and we have time till August to do it otherwise they reniew the contract till November 2022!!!

We have tried every channel and send all information as we were asked. Try to be in my position, what else i have to do?

So if your cancellation letter has arrived, your cancellation will be in effect for the next end of the term - if your term ends in November, this would be the case.

Anyhow, as I said - there is no right to prematurely cancel a mobile contract as the contractually agreed service can be fullfilled even abroad using roaming services for the contractually agreed (roaming) prices.

In case you have no other proof that you've send a cancellation notice the latest in August 2020 for the November 2020 term, the contract extension was what you signed for initially as you agreed for the contract.

Any notice that would have been sent after August 2020 would be too late for the November 2020 end of term as it would have missed the 3 months notice period. Therefor with a notice received by Vodafone after August 2020, your contract would have already renewed until November 2021.

Just one thing that comes in my mind:

Have you sent your cancellation notice in German language -AND- have you mentioned at least your customer number and telephone number?