abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Cancellation of contract for internet.
kewalgada29
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

As mentioned previously by me to Vodafone via your contact portal, I wanted to cancel my internet connection for the same customer number and contract number as provided. The internet has been activated at my place in Coburg and recently I have shifted to Berlin, because of which I cannot use your services. And before you ask, NO, I do not want to use Vodafone shifting/moving services to convert my contract at Berlin, since, I already have a valid connection over here. I just want to cancel the contract and you have it at your end the details of my account. If required, I can provide again. 

I need it done, before the end of next month, because I am not using any internet and yet charges are being deducted from my account every month. 

Thanks & Regards,

Kewal Gada

Edit: Attachment deleted, as your private data is noted there. Regards Heike (Mod) 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello kewalgada29,

You have to fulfil the contract as well as Vodafone. But I tell you once again that the contract can never be terminated immediately. There is always a deadline and that has to be met, even if you move house. In addition, so far you have not mentioned the real facts, but only how you see it and what Vodafone is doing wrong. So unfortunately I can do nothing for you. Everything what you must know to the notice, we have you here in the thread mentioned.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten 9
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is no premature cancellation of your contract possible by law if the service can be fullfilled at the new address as contractually agreed. It'll move then.

The only way that the telecommunication law allows you to premature cancel the contract is if the service is NOT provided at the new location. In any other case, the law states that the contract has to be fullfilled as agreed (that includes that it'll run until the end).

Vodafone additionally lets you prematurely cancel the contract if there is another Vodafone line at the new location (e.g. if you move together with some other Vodafone customer).

So if you moved to a new location and your contractually agreed service can be fullfilled there, your contract will move in either way (even if you have already got a new contract at the new location - that's then your problem that you signed for two contracts). So you'll have in that case to pay for both contracts, even if you only use one.

Yes, then in that case, I have 2 issues with the solution you provide:

1. At the new place, I don't have the connection for DSL/Cable from which to connect the Vodafone WiFi. Hence, I had to take the one which the Wohnheim was providing. (So, I cannot transfer the contract anyway.)

2. The guys from Vodafone who came to install the internet, told me that the contract can be cancelled whenever I want, and when I ask them to cancel it, they couldn't. Thus, they asked me to write to Vodafone to cancel it.

So, if it cannot be done, and Vodafone intends on harassing students for payments and keeping the contracts active till whenever preffered by Vodafone, then I am lodging a complain.

Thanks!

Grit

Hello kewalgada29,

i, too, can only tell you this:

If the contract can still be fulfilled at the new address, then only the termination at the end of the term is possible. It does not matter if another provider is already in use.

If the connection is not possible, the new address will still be required so that Vodafone can check this. If we determine that you cannot take the contract with you, the termination will be terminated in accordance with the Telecommunications Act (relocation + 3 months).

The contract can therefore never be terminated immediately.

Regards

Grit

The contract is at the old place. And I am at the new place because of which I am not able to directly cancel the contract at the old place as you said. However, the terms of the contract while signing were that I could cancel the contract whenever I wanted. This has been void and for which Vodafone is responsible. 

And the second thing about shifting the contract, I cannot do that, but I leave out of country in the next few weeks. And, I searched online that contract can be cancelled in this case. So, what are the options for that? Please list. I was also told that I did not need to shift the contract, since, the Vodafone internet router was plug and play. Meaning this could be used anywhere, anytime. What are your excuses for that?

Regards,

Kewal

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

The contract is at the old place. And I am at the new place[...]

The contract is not bound to a specific address, but primarily bound to your person. So it'll move if you move - that's basics of German Civil Code ("Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch"). The contract only states where the agreed service has to be fullfilled - but that can be changed. But the contract is bound to your person.

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

[...] because of which I am not able to directly cancel the contract at the old place as you said.

As already said - in accordance with the German Civil Code, the contract is NOT bound to a specific location and stays there, but it's bound to YOUR person. It's a contract between you and Vodafone - both of you have to serve the contract as agreed within the contractual term - which means you have to pay for the service and Vodafone has to provide the service at the agreed address. If you move, the contract is still valid - and it'll move (e.g. the agreed address may change to your new address).

Only in the case that the contract cannot be fullfilled as agreed at the new address, you gain the right to prematurely cancel the contract (in accordance with the telecommunications law) with the already mentioned 3 months notification period beginning earliest by the day you relocate (or the day the cancellation is received by Vodafone - the later one counts).

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

However, the terms of the contract while signing were that I could cancel the contract whenever I wanted.

I doubt that your contract has such a written part that allows you to cancel at any time. Please note that only written consent is acceptable - any words spoken between you and the worker at the shop (if you signed at a shop) are void if they are not also being added in written form to the contract. That's also part of the German Civil Code - you'll have to provide proof for this.

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

This has been void and for which Vodafone is responsible.

Nope - it's solely your turn to provide written(!) proof for such termination agreement.

Especially if this is not part of the written contract acknowledgement that you got from Vodafone, then it's not part of the contract.

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

And the second thing about shifting the contract, I cannot do that, but I leave out of country in the next few weeks. And, I searched online that contract can be cancelled in this case. So, what are the options for that? Please list.

As already stated:

If you move to an area where your landline contract cannot be served as contractually agreed - no matter if inside or out of Germany- you gain the right to premature cancel the contract with the already mentioned 3 months notice period from the date you relocate (written proof!) or your cancellation is received by Vodafone (the later one counts).

So if you move out of Germany -AND- provide written proof in form of an official deregistration letter ("Abmeldebescheinigung"), your contract can be cancelled by that date plus 3 months the earliest.

@kewalgada29  schrieb:

I was also told that I did not need to shift the contract, since, the Vodafone internet router was plug and play. Meaning this could be used anywhere, anytime. What are your excuses for that?

As you wrote in the landline contract section for cable based services, this "plug and play" is only valid if the location is served by Vodafone KabelDeutschland internet services by cable network. This is not given at any location in Germany as Vodafone only has cable networks in 13 of 16 federal states and not every location is served by cable at all. Furthermore your contract states that you are not allowed to use the router at any other location than the one that is contractually agreed for - this has something to do with the telephony part that is bound to a specific address in case of an emergency call where you cannot state your address anymore and is part of the telecommunications law (so not only specific to Vodafone, but to all providers of landline services).

Grit

Hello kewalgada29,

You have to fulfil the contract as well as Vodafone. But I tell you once again that the contract can never be terminated immediately. There is always a deadline and that has to be met, even if you move house. In addition, so far you have not mentioned the real facts, but only how you see it and what Vodafone is doing wrong. So unfortunately I can do nothing for you. Everything what you must know to the notice, we have you here in the thread mentioned.

Regards

Grit

Hello,

Thank you for your input. I called the Vodafone services and got it clarified. They have agreed to cancel the contract within 3 months because the services were not available at the new place I shifted to. I have also recieved a document which describes the services would be ended in 3 months and I also need to return the WiFi router back. However, doing the same process on forum vs. doing it on call, I would prefer that it would be done as swiftly and easily on call since, it is less time consuming and also, helps customers get the information quicker than waiting everyday for reply.

However, thank you for your input, it helped.

Thanks,

Kewal Gada

Hi,

Understood. Sorry if you feel that I emphasised on the fact that Vodafone did a bad job in conveying the message but the thing is that they DID. And being a student, this is harassment as they still have to pay the monthly rental without knowing the details as Vodafone service has different terms than the one who installed it. It creates a dilemma for the person knowing which is right and who to believe.

Additionally, I did the same conversation on call to Vodafone and it was quickly resolved as the services are not available at the new location. Hence, I have written agreement that the services would be terminated in 3 months and also, that I would need to return the WiFi router back.

Anyway, I thank you for your input.

Thanks,

Kewal Gada 

Grit

Hello kewalgada29,

exactly what was explained to you on the phone, we wrote you everything here. Honestly, I don't understand you. We explain everything to you here, you are told the same on the phone and you complain that you were not helped here. Well, I hope you have now understood that no one here wants anything bad for you.

I close the thread with it.

Regards

Grit