Frage

Antwort

Lösung

I cancelled the contract on the last day mentioned in the Vodafone Account and they extended it
Lucian2
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I cancelled the contract online trough the available option on the last day possible. The day was the last possible cancellation day on the MyAccount page.
Today I checked the account and I see they extended the contract and put the cancellation date as 24th of November.
How is this even possible? I thought the communication is binding and I also got back a message saying that the request was logged and there is no need to reply or get back.
H E L P !

6 Antworten 6
Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Lucian2,

please do not confuse the last possible termination date with the actual end of the contract.

As a rule, a period of notice must be observed.

This means that the latest date on which the notice of termination must be submitted is usually three months before the earliest possible termination date.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

In MyAccount page there was an entry mentioning the last date I could cancel the contract. I sent the cancellation request exactly on that day and I got the confirmation that my request was received.

If Vodafone is tricking people with this information I will soon find as I started looking for people with a Vodafone contract to check this info.

If Vodafone is not processing the requests using the request date I might also find as I plan on reaching a German native speaker and then either a layer (to clarify the contract) or the Consumer Protection Agency.

All I wanted was to have the contract renew with the "250Mb + 6 free months" offer, as the new customers get. There was no other way on doing this other than cancelling and making a new one.

" There was no other way on doing this other than cancelling and making a new one."

Says who ? 

You are missing the point here.

However, you have signed a contract with a minimum contract term of 24 months. This can be terminated with a notice period of 3 months at the end of the term.
And by the way, you only get new customer conditions (6 months 0 €) if you did not have a cable internet contract in your household for 3 months. As far as I know, there are no such tariffs for customer recovery, as you can receive a maximum of 6 months for € 19.99 and the standard price according to the price list for the remaining 18 months.

"You are missing the point here."

Yeah im blinded from other issues just starting evolving ... 

I have some questions:

Date of start the contract ? 

Date of the last possible moment of ending the contract ?

When (Date) did you send in the cancellation ? 

How did you send the cancellation ? 

Which state are you living ?