abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

termination of contract and the rent
soumi
Rookie
Rookie

I am using Vodafone cable internet (Customer number: ***) in my flat from November 2020. I am leaving Germany on 30th October 2021. Due to this reason I contacted Vodafone to terminate my contract. Vodafone confirmed my termination from 6th January 2022 and asked me to pay the rental until this date. I couldn't understand the reason for paying the rent while I am leaving the country and will not use the service from Vodafone anymore during this time. I already paid the charge for the router while signing the contract. Then why do I have to send it back to Vodafone? If I send it back to Vodafone, will you refund me the money back for this? 
I signed the contract over the telephone.During signing the contract, I clearly mentioned that I don't need the “Vodafone internet security pack”. The Vodafone service personnel on the other side of the phone also promised not to include that Vodafone internet security package with my contract. Later I have never activated the Vodafone security option .. But then after the first 2-3 months, Vodafone automatically started charging an extra 3.99 Euros every month as the Vodafone internet security package charge. After contacting Vodafone several times regarding this issue, Vodafone stopped charging this from August 2021.
I would like to request you to consider the fact that I am leaving the country and not to charge the rental fee for the period I will not be in Germany anymore along with it please also reimburse the extra money to my bank account that Vodafone has charged as the internet security package without my consent at your earliest convenience.

Edit: Customer number deleted

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

@soumi  schrieb:

I am using Vodafone cable internet (Customer number: ***) in my flat from November 2020. I am leaving Germany on 30th October 2021. Due to this reason I contacted Vodafone to terminate my contract. Vodafone confirmed my termination from 6th January 2022 and asked me to pay the rental until this date. I couldn't understand the reason for paying the rent while I am leaving the country and will not use the service from Vodafone anymore during this time.

The simple explaination:

Due to a ruling in the Telecommunications act, you are required to pay for additional 3 months if you prematurely end the contract in case you move. This 3 months notice period started with the day that you informed Vodafone about your move - so if it was October 6th, then its until January 6th (October 6th +3 months) that you have to pay for. Please note that you may be asked to send in a copy of your deregistration letter to provide proof of leaving Germany.

Secondly:

Vodafone Cable doesn't sell any routers - there's only rental devices. Thus you have to send the device back in time in order to avoid any additional fees for not returning the device. It may be that you confuse the initial setup fee with buying the router - but I can tell you for sure that Vodafone doesn't sell and hasn't sold cable routers or cable modems for at least the last decade.

And for the Security Package:

There won't be any reimbursement. The Security package is an option that is automatically selected for a testing period - if you don't need it, you'd had to cancel it within that testing period. This is also stated on your written contract information and this was part of the contract you signed - no matter if you had any spoken agreement with the sales agent (that didn't make it to the written contract and thus is void).

Once out of the testing period, you have to pay for the service, no matter if you need or use it or not, as you would have been able to do so and it's not possible to check if you used it or not.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

@soumi  schrieb:

I am using Vodafone cable internet (Customer number: ***) in my flat from November 2020. I am leaving Germany on 30th October 2021. Due to this reason I contacted Vodafone to terminate my contract. Vodafone confirmed my termination from 6th January 2022 and asked me to pay the rental until this date. I couldn't understand the reason for paying the rent while I am leaving the country and will not use the service from Vodafone anymore during this time.

The simple explaination:

Due to a ruling in the Telecommunications act, you are required to pay for additional 3 months if you prematurely end the contract in case you move. This 3 months notice period started with the day that you informed Vodafone about your move - so if it was October 6th, then its until January 6th (October 6th +3 months) that you have to pay for. Please note that you may be asked to send in a copy of your deregistration letter to provide proof of leaving Germany.

Secondly:

Vodafone Cable doesn't sell any routers - there's only rental devices. Thus you have to send the device back in time in order to avoid any additional fees for not returning the device. It may be that you confuse the initial setup fee with buying the router - but I can tell you for sure that Vodafone doesn't sell and hasn't sold cable routers or cable modems for at least the last decade.

And for the Security Package:

There won't be any reimbursement. The Security package is an option that is automatically selected for a testing period - if you don't need it, you'd had to cancel it within that testing period. This is also stated on your written contract information and this was part of the contract you signed - no matter if you had any spoken agreement with the sales agent (that didn't make it to the written contract and thus is void).

Once out of the testing period, you have to pay for the service, no matter if you need or use it or not, as you would have been able to do so and it's not possible to check if you used it or not.