abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

cancelling cable tv - contracted in error
customer2020
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone Customer Service,

I contracted mobile services with you last year, 2019, in October. I don’t have a lot of German, so I spoke English with your employees at the local shop, for which I am very grateful. However, we must have gotten lost in translation, because I seem to have bought a service that I never wanted: the cable. I even received a box at home which at the beginning I assumed was a gift or something. I rang customer services to ask but they couldn’t speak English. I then went back to the shop and returned the box to them and they sent it back. At this point I thought it was all over. I failed to notice the direct debit going out of my account until not long ago but given the situation with COVID-19 I didn’t go back to the shop immediately. I instead tried to call again several times to see if I managed to get anyone speaking English. No luck. I finally went to the shop and there they said I need to write a hard letter to an address in Dusseldorf explaining the situation which I did. I got a letter back telling me to write on this forum. so here I am. I am hoping you will help me with this error. It’s difficult changing countries,  not knowing the language and everything working in a very different way around you. I am very much hoping it will be rectified and I will receive a refund given that you can probably tell from my history the service was never used. 

Regards,

Alina

7 Antworten 7
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Alina,

I'd be happy to see if there's anything you can do. Send me your customer data (name, address, customer number, birthday) in a private message and let me know here that you have submitted the data.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hey,

You forgot the date of birth. I moved your first post to Archiv.

Regards

Wallace

Tina

Hello Alina,

I've looked at this. We have two signed orders from the shop from 8th of october 2019. One for Internet & Phone and the other for GigaTV. We didn't get a withdrawal. We have no way to withdraw from the contract after such a long time.

Best regards

Tina 

Dear Tina,

I don't think you have read all of my messages. I know there are 2 contracts. What I'm saying is that I didn't do the contract in full knowledge. Just telling me I can't do anything about it is not helping me. I need you to come up with a solution, find someone who can help me otherwise or I will consider taking my present and any future busniess somewhere else entirely. Somewhere that doesn't mess people around for months. The cable contract was mis-sold: the complexity of your notification procedures does not exempt you from the aplicable law. I give notice that this is the final oportunity for your company to take action. I require immediate redress. 

Here's the original letter in case you missed it:

To whom it may concern,

Dear Vodafone Customer Service,

My name is Alina White and my customer number is ***. I contracted services with you last year, 2019, in October. I don’t have a lot of German, so I spoke English with your employees at the local shop, for which I am very grateful. However, we must have got lost in translation, because I seem to have bought a service that I never wanted: the cable. I even received a box at home which at the beginning I assumed was a gift or something. I rang customer services to ask but they couldn’t speak English. I then went back to the shop and returned the box to them and they sent it back. At this point I thought it was all over. I failed to notice the direct debit going out of my account until not long ago but given the situation with COVID-19 I didn’t go back to the shop immediately. I instead tried to call again several times to see if I managed to get anyone speaking English. No luck. I finally went to the shop and there they said I need to write a hard letter to this address. So here it is, explaining the situation. I am hoping you will help me with this error. It’s difficult changing countries,  not knowing the language and everything working in a very different way around you. I am very much hoping it will be rectified and I will receive a refund given that you can probably tell from my history the service was never used.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely yours,

Alina White

Email: ***

Phone: ***

Edit. Delet your personla data.

Tina

Hello customer2020,

I have read your post. Nevertheless we have a signed order for GigaTV.

I have spoken to our complaints management to find an accommodating solution. I can offer you to terminate the TV contract early. We cannot refund you for the fees charged so far.

Best regards

Tina

Dear Tina,

That would be a solution! At least I'll stop paying for a service I'm not using. So, just to be clear, I would then have just my mobile phone services with you, around 45euro a month. 

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Alina 

Anett

Hello customer2020,

we have now terminated the contract and you will also receive a written confirmation.

Regards

Anett