abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

cancellation of TV contract & return of TV box
dlstudent
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

Few days before, I received the Digital TV box, which I never ordered and never asked for. And now almost 40 EUR is deducted from my account. The funny thing is that someone from Vodafone center called me last month and told me that he will send this TV box to my address. I told them not to (because I never ordered it). But he told that "we will send it and you can send it back". I do not know how this makes sense at all.

Oh yes, I think it does. Because if they don't send it to me then they can't deduct this 40 EUR from my account. This is so weird and I am totally frustrated with Vodafone for selling things to people, even after saying that they don't need it.

And also, I want to cancel the TV contract which was automatically assigned to me for two more years (till 2021). I never siged this contract in the first place. Can someone please explain why this contract was assigned on my name?

I just want to cancel my contract with Vodafone and NEVER EVER want to take one with them in future...

Could someone from the team tell me the procedure to do so?

thanks

10 Antworten 10
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi dlstudent,

you received a TV package even though you actively rejected it.

For a closer look I need some information from you. Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Stephan,

thanks for getting back to me.

> you received a TV package even though you actively rejected it.

Yes, that is correct. Because I'm just a student and don't have/want a TV. This is what I have told them when they called me and told that they will send me this package to my address. Also, few months before some Vodafone folks personally visited my place telling me that they want to "fix/check the smartcard". By then itself, I have told them I do not have a TV and I'm only using the internet which I have subscribed for.

Could you please help me with this situation?

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

You got the package on 16th of April 2019. You called on 13th of May, right? It was too late for a withdrawal. The contract was terminated at the end of the test phase (17th of May 2019). I have no basis to refund the costs.

Best regard

Tina

dlstudent
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Tina,

Because I was traveling and the package was given to my neighbour. I personally have never received the package in hand nor did I open the package after receiving it few days before. I just had time yesterday and called customer service with the help of my friend since my German is not good. And then cancelled the contract that was forcibly assigned to me.

Hence, I can say that I'm totally eligible for the pay back of money that has been automatically deducted from my account and I would like to request a refund for the TV box, which is around 40 EUR. Also, hereafter, I would NOT prefer anyone from Vodafone calling me to sell things to me, which I don't need. If I am in need of something, I know where the Vodafone outlets are to inquire about things. Please consider this as my request and unsubscribe my mobile phone number from unwanted calling.

Also, just for the record: Today I have posted back the TV box package and the smartcard via retoure to Vodafone. It should be in your hands in 2-3 business days.

thanks

Tina

Hello dlstudent,

I understand your situation. Basically I can't give you another answer.

After consultation with our complaint management you get the previous costs for the contract from 15th of april 2019 refunded. This will take a few days.

Best regards

Tina

dlstudent
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Tina,

I really appreciate your time in resolving this matter. I will mark this conversation as "solved" once the refund is credited in my account, which you can then interpret as an acknowledgement.

Please send me an acknowledgement of receipt of the TV box and SmartKarte, preferably by email.

thanks

dlstudent
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Tina,

I'm writing to you again with three complaints:

1)  It has been almost 1 month since you agreed that the refund of 40.73 EUR will be credited to my account. But there is no response regarding this nor have I received the money in my bank account yet.

2) Also, for the month of June, they have already deducted 39.99 EUR, instead of 19.99 EUR. Why has the fees doubled?

3) Previously, my internet&phone contract was only till 22.05.2019 but now it shows 22.05.2020. I don't know why it has been automatically extended by 1 more year without my consent. Why this has been done without my knowledge?

Do you know how much of a pain and distress I am going through because of such issues with Vodafone contract? Please resolve all these issues as early as possible without any additional fees being charged on me.

If there are no remedies from Vodafone for these unacceptable actions, I will have to go to consumer court to resolve the issues. 

I look forward to your positive response.

thank you

Stephan

Hi dlstudent,

the fees for the TV-package were already credited. You can see this on the invoice in your customer portal.

Your promotion price after the first year has expired. You now pay the full monthly 39,99 Euro instead of the former 14,99 Euro per month.

Last year in May you extended your contract by two years, therefore the end of the contract is 22.05.2020.

The contract extension and the prices for the first and second year are stated in the tariff change confirmation of May 2018.

Regards

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

I have also received a document regarding refund. But, I'd like to inform you that I still have not received the amount in my bank account. Previously, I thought this amount will be used for June month Internet subscription fees. But, I have already been separately charged 39.99 EUR for this. Could you please tell me when would this amount be credit to my bank account?

Thank you!