abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

Deisenhofen: Ausfall TV über Kabel

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Why Isn't My Account Closed as Requested 7-months Ago???
msargent
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I received an email requesting payment on an account I had previously requested be terminated.

I notified you in June 2018 to request the account be terminated effective 28 Sep 2018 due to my returning to the US. This account had been active for over 11-years.

I returned the cable modem provided by Kabel Deutschland on 24 September and received notification from DHL that the package was successfully returned..

My notification to Kabel Deutschland was well in advance of my leaving Germany and I have used no Kabel Deutschland services after the date I requested termination and returned the modem.

I did not receive any services for this payment requested and as a matter of fact there there were NUMEROUS service outages during my 11-year + contract period that were never compensated by Kabel Deutschland.

I do not feel these current charges are valid or justifiable.

Kundennummer: xxx

Edit: Please do not post personal data in public.

12 Antworten 12
Ines75
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello @msargent

did you write a letter with your cancelation or did you also send the deregister confirmation from your town hall? This is important, because, if you want to cancel a contract earlier because of moving you have to prove, that you moved somewhere, where Vodafone can not realize your contract. Just a cancelation would be not enough.  

Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi msargent,

let's take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then you reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Private message sent

Thomas

Hi msargent,

unfortunately no private message arrived.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

PM sent again - 

On Subject Date / time presenterThomas   18.01.2019 17:22

Stephan

Hi msargent,

thanks for the pm. Since Thomas isn't here at the moment. I'll answer you.

Last year in July you cancelled your contract. This cancellation was confirmed at the end of the contract term on 27.12.2018. The confirmation was sent to you on 30.07.2018.

You would have had to pay until the confirmed end of the contract. Since we have not received any payments from you since October, the open invoices have been handed over to a collection agency.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

I submitted my request to terminate the account on the date I  was leaving Germany.

I do not recall receiving any notification that Vodafone arbitrarily picked a random date for after my departure.

I submitted my request to terminate the account at the end of September. 

Why was that done?

Why was my original request date not used?

I left at the end of my contract time with the US military in Germany.

Why should I have to pay for additional time that was not used and was beyond the time that I requested cancellation of the account.

Again I do not view this as valid or justifiable by Vodafone.

This is exactly what I wrote, few days before.... If you cancel a contract earlier than normal, you have to prove, that you moved abroad or somewhere where Vodafone can not give the service. If you dont prove it, you have to pay the full time. This is what happened now....

So what you are saying is that for this contract that was in effect for over 11-years, that I paid fully and on-time every month during that period. But during which I had at least several months of uncompensated - no or extremely degraded service from Kabel Deutschland.

You chose to ignore my request and modified my termination date.

I used NO services from Kabel Deutschland since the time I told you I was leaving the country.

There is no Kabel Deutschland / Vodafone service available where I am now living.

I returned your modem on the date I told you I would.

And now along with all your other multiple years of poor customer service you still expect me to pay for service not received.

That is unjustifiable and I do not consider valid.

I do not intend to pay for something I have not received.