abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone Kabel and Mobile Cancellation
zooter39
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I moved to Germany from Canada in October of 2017. At that time I entered into a contract with Vodafone for Kabel Internet and Mobile Phone service. I believe I signed a 2-year contracy. My work assignment in Germany ended earlier than expected, and I moved back to Canada in November of 2018. Prior to leaving, I completed the contract cancellation form and mailed this to Vodafone. Additionally, I couriered back the rented cable modem. In my letter, I indicated that I was moving back to Canada and would be closing my German bank account. I also included my German de-registration papers as well as a letter from my employer confirming I was leaving Germany. 

I recieved an e-mail from Vodafone in December of 2018 stating the following:

Lieber XXXXX,

den Eingang Ihrer Kündigung des Vertrags mit der Kundennummer XXXXXXXXX zur Rufnummer XXXXXXXXXXX haben wir zur Kenntnis genommen. Es tut uns leid, dass Sie wechseln wollen. Wir respektieren natürlich Ihren Wunsch zur Beendigung Ihres Vertrags. Er endet fristgerecht am 19.11.2019.

Sie bekommen Ihre Abschluss-Rechnung per Post erst nach diesem Termin. Den Basispreis berechnen wir nur anteilig.

Wir freuen uns, wenn Sie Ihre Entscheidung nochmal überdenken. Sie sind bei uns jederzeit herzlich willkommen.

Freundliche Grüße
Ihr Vodafone-Team

If I read this correctly, Vodafone is stating that my contract will end on November 19, 2019 which is the end date of the 2-year contract I originally signed. I believe since I have moved back to Canada, that I should be able to cancel this contract sooner by paying a penalty of 2 months or something to that effect, considering I cannot use Vodafone services in Canada. I confirmed this with Vodafone over the phone before I moved. Regardless, the cost of cancellation is not really my main concern, I would actually just like to immediately terminate my contract so that I can close my German bank account and not have to worry about this any longer. Vodafone is still billing me every month for these services.

Can someone from Vodafone please help me with this issue?

Thank you.

7 Antworten 7
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi zooter39,

is it now about the mobile phone or the Internet & Phone contract?

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi, it is about both. I would like to cancel both contracts. 

Thomas

Hi zooter39,

okay, we'll take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then please reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

zooter39
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hi Thomas

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks.
Thomas

Hi zooter39,

i still need the customer number for the Internet & Phone tariff. Can you please check this and send me another private message?

Regards

Thomas

zooter39
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Hi Thomas,

I’ve sent you a private message with the customer number.

Thanks.
Thomas

Hallo zooter39,

the Internet & Phone cable contract is terminated on 10.02.2019. That fits so far. Please open a new thread for the mobile phone contract. There a colleague from the right department will contact you.

Regards

Thomas