abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[Urgent] Contract Cancellation of Kabel Box Internet
tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Vodafone team,

I have to move my apartment as the current one is getting sold. I have found the new place does not have cable internt, therefore as per the advice of your call center employee I applied for DSL.

However when I cancel the Kabel contrat I found that I need to pay for Kabel Box internet connection till next year July i.e. until the contract finishes.

However I have been told by the call center representative of Vodafone that as it is a special type of cancellation of contract therefore I need only 3 months notice.

Why should I pay as the service is not available in my new location and on top of that I have bought new alternative product / contract from Vodafone?

Clearly there is a disconnect, can you please explain why I need to pay till my contract end with Kabel box internet.

Your urgent action will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Tanima

12 Antworten 12
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi tanima,

the periods of notice in the event of relocation are regulated by law. If the connection cannot be provided at the new address, the period of three months applies.

It would have been easiest for you and for us if you had simply reported the move using this form.

You can still do that now, so that the no longer needed cable contract is terminated. As soon as the new connection has been installed at the new address and is active, please report here again.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, @Stephan 

Thanks for replying.

tl,dr : I have done this step which you have mentioned in past, after data submission, I get a web screen asking to call 0800 444065 2741  which we did, What I posted previously is the consequence of the phone call, hope it is clear now. attached is the screenshot. also clicking to "to offer" we land to DSL 250 productscreen.

Details:-

We called the number 0800 444065 2741 , 4 or 5 times and able to speak to agent on 3 occassions ( waiting time was 20minutes on an average) then  what happened I have shared in my first post.

Can you please sort this out?  We took DSL new contract and applyed for cancellation of Kabel Box trusting the advise of the Vodafone Call Center representitive, only to find out that we need to pay for rest of the contract period. 

I have vodafone connection since 3 yrs and changed my address 2 times in past, it was seemless because Kabel Box was available in all the addresses. 

How can a customer know that two departments (DSL and Kabel box) providing similar service from same company does not communicate with each other? I am sorry it is very bad customer experience.

Urgent action will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Tanima

Stephan

Hi tanima,

okay, then we do it a bit differently: please report back here when the new connection is active.

We will then take care of the deactivation of your old contract here.

But you can send me a private message right now with the following information:

your name

your address (old & new)

date of birth

your customer number (Cable & DSL)

the link of this thread

Regards

Stephan

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Tanima,

I have taken care of the termination. You will also receive a separate confirmation for this. Your previous contract ends as soon as the new connection is activated.

Best regards

Tina

tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Tina 

Thanks for your reply and action taken.

I have an  engineer visit scheduled  for DSL installation on 28th August, so if all goes well my old contract will get terminated immedately after that?

Also how long do I need to pay for my old contract?

Thanks and Regards

Tanima

Stephan

Hi tanima,

the old contract ends with the activation for the new contract.

You'll receive a confirmation soon.

Regards

Stephan

tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello @Stephan  and @Tina 

Today my DSL line got activated and I did received an  Email on 14th August clearly stating that my Kabel contract will end on 28th August 2020.

However the bill generated on 24th August 2020 regarding my Kabel Contract states the contract end as 7th July 2021.

That made me confused again. does it mean I need to pay till 7th July 2021 for Kabel Internet ?

Or is it my last Kabel bill and contract end date is somehow wrong?

I have attached my Kabel bill for your reference. To be honnest I am completely confused now, what exactly is going on.

Thanks and Regards

Tanima

tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Stephan  and @Tina 

Also find attached the cancellation Email pdf that I have received.

quick reply will be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Tanima

tanima
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi 

can I get an reply here please with clarification.

Thanks and Regards

Tanima