abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Urgent : Change of Address triggered unwanted cancellation automatically
sbtauseef
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I went to the "Umzug" option to change my address from 25th of October. However, I just received an email that  says "Ihre Kündigung wegen Umzug".

All I wanted to do this just use the same contract and have it at my new place.

18 Antworten 18
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The cancellation is triggered automatically if the system checks that your contract cannot be fullfilled anymore at the new address - e.g. in case of a cable contract, that there is no cable connection by Vodafone at your new location...

Hello,

Thank you for your message. But now it says I have to pay for the connection till January next year, even though I cannot use it.

This comes from the German Telecommunications Act §46. It says there that you have a special right of termination with a notice period of 3 months if the services are not available at your new place of residence. You still have to pay this time.
Only if you switch to Vodafone DSL in the course of moving, Vodafone waives the 3 months and switches off the cable contract on the day your DSL connection is switched on.
Before this change in the law, you would have had to continue to pay the entire remaining term, because the contract is concluded for a specific address and you are responsible for the move.

How do I switch to Vodafone DSL now or during moving or what should I do now?

Weren't you offered to switch to DSL when you reported the move? What does the availability query say, which technology is available at your new address?

I wasnt offered anything. Just normal umzug operation, which at the end it said i will be chared around 40 euros.

I opened the link you provided, and I could not see where I can enter my address.

Please click the link while you are not logged into MeinVodafone.

Thank you ... I tried it and it says DSL is available at that location

Capture.PNG

Are you moving within the same city? Then just book a DSL connection and indicate that you want to take your phone number with you.
You will then receive a porting form, which you fill out and sign and then submit it to the address or fax number / email address on it. Then your cable connection for switching the DSL connection will be deactivated and you will keep your previous phone number.