abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Trouble cancelling internet service
jasonw
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Please forgive my use of English as I am not fluent in German yet. Thank you.

I have had my contract for over 2 years. I moved to a new building where I was told by my landlord that I could only use a specific provider. Since then I have tried several ways to cancel my service. I have used the online form twice (I used it again today). At one point I believe I received an email stating my account. It's been 2 months since and am still being billed.

I even visited a Vodafone location and what turned away. Please help. Thank you.

Best,

Jason

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello  jasonw,

the notice period is 3 months. The period begins with the day of the move. Should the notice of termination reach us after this day, the period begins only then.

Your cancellation arrived us on 24th April 2018. So your contract ended on 23th July 2018.

Kind regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

21 Antworten 21
Lars
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Jason,

is the contract over Vodafone DSL or Vodafone Cable?

Best regards

Lars

jasonw
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Lars,

Kabel Deutschland

Kunden-Nr. XXX

Also I just checked the latest bill and it has a completely different address than where I live.  All bills prior to May have my old address but this latest is wrong.  😞

Best,

Jason

Edit: No personal data, please

jasonw
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Here's an email from April 25th.

cancellation.PNG

That's the cancellation affirmation...

Please be aware that you have by law to pay for 3 additional months after your cancellation has been received by Vodafone or you moved to the new apartment (the later counts).

The 3 months is no problem. Any idea on if I get notice to return my equipment? I suppose I can try to take it back to the store again after my final month of the 3month term.

Thank you for your feedback.

EDIT:

SInce my address on my most recent bill is incorrect - does that mean I may have missed the equipment return notice?  And is there anything else I need to do or will my account absolutely terminate at the end of 3months?

Best,

Jason

You have to send your equipment back to the following address at your own cost [see also here]:

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland
c/o DHL Paket
Am Tower 222
90475 Nürnberg

You cannot take it back at a store - and please be aware that this has to be done within a 14-day-timeframe. So if you cannot use the line right now, it would be better if you'd send back the equipment as soon as possible - otherwise it might be that you have to pay a fine for not sending back the equipment.

Grit

Hello jasonw,

please check the cancellation confirmation again, especially the cancellation date and the address. The address is differentiated between customer address and connection address. The date of termination depends on the Telecommunications Act.

You must return the device yourself. You can't leave them in the shop.

Please do not post any more private data publicly.

Regards Grit

jasonw
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Grit,

I went to the link above and used the return address listed.  It's already boxed with my cancelation email and a letter (in German) on why I'm cancellation with my correct address in case there is any confusion.  I will ship it first thing tomorrow morning.  Thank you for your time.

Best,

Jason

Grit

Hello jasonw,

you misunderstood me. You will receive confirmation of your cancellation by post, not by e-mail. This letter states the date of termination. If you have already moved, you will find two addresses on it. First the connection address and as a postal address, the new address.

Regards Grit