abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Transfer of internet contract to new address
pavlos11
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I recently visited a Vodafone store to ask for a transfer of my internet contract to a new address. Although I was told that the tranfer was possible and the order was made, now on my account it says that my contract will be terminated and that the products are not available in my new address. 

I am a bit confused since online I can see that there is availability in my new address. Could you please help me to tranfer my existing contract?

Thanks a lot. 

13 Antworten 13
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Depending from where to where you move, the customer number may change - this mostly happens if you move from one federal state to another, as there may be other Vodafone cable companies involved that have their own customer numbers.

Indeed I have moved to a different state. However at the Vodafone store I was told that everything should work. I thought I will simply have to connect my router and everything will be settled. 

I want to remain at Vodafone but I am not sure how to proceed at this point?

This is absolutely OK - you'll (internally) get a new customer number and therefor may need to re-register the contract at the customer self service portal, but you simply connect the router at your new apartment and it should work as before as it'll be interally switched from the old contract to the new one.

That new contract anyhow is still the same that you had before - so nothing changes except the customer number; no new price, no new term, just another customer number...

It sounds reassuring but I doubt this is the case. I received a letter from Vodafone claiming that the desired product is not available in my new address and the contract will be terminated. So I am left without internet, I do have to pay one more month without a reason and return my router device as well. 

I do not understand why the current contract has to be terminated since the same internet connection seems to be available at my new address. Vodafone gives the option to buy it online for the specific address!

Is it possible to help me make this tranfer work?

If you move from one federal state to another, this might be required as Vodafone has multiple different cable companies that provide services at different federal states. And there might be also the requirement for a router exchange...

@pavlos11  schrieb:

I do not understand why the current contract has to be terminated since the same internet connection seems to be available at my new address. Vodafone gives the option to buy it online for the specific address!

Exactly the same one? Or just the same speed but different technology?

A 50 MBit/s cable contract is completely different to a 50 MBit/s DSL contract - same for the 100 MBit/s and 250 MBit/s options...

To clarify: in which federal state do you live so far and to which federal state are you moving?

I want to tranfer my 50 cable contract from Saxony to NRW. 

At the Vodafone store I was told that the tranfer will be possible from the 4th of February. Instead, I received the information for cancellation with a termination date on the 23rd of February.

Even if there is a need of cancellation and exchange of router I do not understand why I am forced to keep the current contract for an additional month.
 Also, I have received no information whatsoever about a new contract for my new address. 

You are moving from the area of VFD/ex-KDG to the area of VFW/ex-Unitymedia. In fact, a direct move is not possible, since there are two different Vodafone companies.
Your contract in Saxony will be terminated and you will be a new VFW customer in NRW.
Please use the relocation service or order a new connection at your new address with your phone number, even if the phone number cannot be transferred because it is a different federal state. But this means that your old connection in Saxony will be terminated as soon as your new connection is activated in NRW.

When I log in to myVodafone and jump to Umzugsservice it says that I have reported my move and the cable products have been cancelled since they are not available in my new address. 

In the letter I received from Vodafone there is the telephone number 08006649383 which I cannot reach.  

I tried to write about my problem here to get some help since I don't speak German and it is difficult to communicate via phone.