abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Switch to a cheaper tariff possible?
hinst
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Good day

Before describing my question, I want to say big thanks to Vodafone-de team for doing their job and providing us access to the Internet...

I currently have the following tariff: Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable

Now I no longer need 200 MBit/s speed... I want to switch tariff to Red Internet & Phone 100 Cable. However, it seems that it is not possible to change tariff on MeinVodafone pages... It is only possible to switch to more expensive tariffs, like 400 cable, 500 cable and so on... I wonder why is that so..

Also, I no longer need high-speed upload (50 MBit/s) option. I want to cancel it, but I cannot find a way to cancel it from MeinVodafone pages.

Please note that I only want to switch to 100-Cable if it costs less than 200-Cable. I assume that it costs less but I can't know for sure because I don't see it in the list, so I can't check the price.

Can someone please help me with this? Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Thomas
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi hinst,

the change is noted.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
MasterScorpion
SuperUser
SuperUser

Downgrades are possible when the minimum contract duration is reached.

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

For a closer look

welcome to our community. Nice to see you.

I'll be glad to help you. Send me the following informations in a private message:

full name

date of birth

address

customer number

Write a short reply here afterwards.

Best regard

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
hinst
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

MasterScorp1982: thanks for the response. I believe that the last time I changed tariff was long ago (several months).

Tina: I sent you the requested information in a private message
Tina

You switched to our tariff "Red Internet & Phone 200 Cable" in September 2018. You can only switch to a smaller tariff after the minimum contract period (24 months) - In September 2020. For the change we charge once 19,99 €.

I took care of the cancellation of the upload option. You'll get the cancellation confirmation in the next few days.

Best regards

Tina

hinst
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Well, that's very interesting... 24 months is a very long time.

I never agreed to pay for something for 24 months. On the page, it says "per month" so the logical thing to imply would be that I pay "per month" and not for two years.

Is there really no way to change it earlier?

Tina

The monthly fee and the minimum contract term are fundamentally different figures. You find the details in your order confirmation.

I'm sorry, but I can't do it sooner.

Best regards

Tina

hinst
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Ok I see how it is..

There is at least one thing that is not clear to me:

Suppose that the tariff gets changed for me in next year, in September 2020. What will happen then? Will I get another contract that obliges me to pay for 2 more years (until 2022), or can I get a contract with a normal (smaller) time period next time? For example, a contract that can be cancelled any month? Or do all available contracts have period of 2 years?

Tina

Yes, the minimum contract term is then again 24 months. We don't have any contracts that can be cancelled monthly.

Best regards

Tina

hinst
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Can you please tell me how and when is it possible to apply for cheaper tariff?

Can I simply ask you for the change here on community forum, or do I have to go to Vodafone branch office?

Is there a certain time period when change is possible? for example, maybe it must happen earlier than 3 months before the current contract ends or something like that

Thanks