abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Supplemental Charges from Keding on top of Cable Internet fee
JosephK
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone community, 

I have taken a subscription for cable internet with Vodafone on my new address. The agent offered me a free* gigacube for the time it took to connect my cable internet. A few days after the Auftrag, I was approached by Keding to make an appointment for installing the cable modem (which most users can do themselves). Their letter also states that they need an additional € 17.90 for their monthly "services". 

As this was not part of any agreement I made with Vodafone when I ordered the subscription via phone, I contacted Vodafone for Widerruf (I have a confirmation of this in mail). The agent assured me that there should be no fees from a second cable company. My Hausverwaltung also has no connection with them. 

As I still need a temporary solution I went to the shop to pick up the Gigacube. I showed the Keding letter to the salesman as well as his manager there and they both had never heard about them and told me it is a "***". So with this reassurance I did a new Auftrag. 

I do however trust - after haven spoken to 3 Vodafone employees - that this time I will not have to deal with Keding's bogus fees, however one of the earlier topics here suggests otherwise. I live in Plz 10965 Berlin. One of my co workers also has Vodafone Cable (in Neukoeln) but simply received a cable router at home without any "help" from Fa. Keding. 

Note: feel free to respond in German.  

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello JosephK,

okay, let's do it this way. I've revoked your contract.  You will also receive a confirmation.

Do you have any questions?

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

There is a possibility that Keding is your local cable network operator and only passes through the Vodafone cable internet signal. In that case, you'd have to pay for the pass-through to Keding - usually this includes the basic TV programmes - and you'd have to pay for Vodafone internet on top.

The other possibility is that Keding is only the technician for your house - and that you may have to pay for them in order to get the internet working...

Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi JosephK,

i'm going with @reneromann's answer. The company Keding is the local network operator and at least the TV power has to be taken there to use the Internet & Phone connection. This is not the case everywhere. As you have noticed from your co-worker.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Thomas,

Can you explain me why this is known by you but not by your sales staff who never notified me of the supplemental charge - even *after*  I explicitly asked about this on 2 different occasions? Why is not even the shop manager aware of this charge. 

Please advise me of the further steps. 

best.

Thomas

Hi JosephK,

i can't tell you why they didn't know. If it is not stored in the system, it will be difficult to tell in advance. What do you mean by further steps? I can gladly check if it is stored. Please send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message. private message.

Then reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

I sent you a PM. 

The agents that entered (both) orders had access to my PLZ and house address. It would be a serious lack in Vodafone's system if it doesn't check whether the address is located within vodafone coverage area. 

Nancy

Hello JosephK,

your address will be provided with internet & telephone by us. The company Keding is responsible for television.

There is only one order under your name. In your order the promised credits are deposited. Just have a look at your order confirmation, there you will find it listed.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Nancy,

Do you mean that the fees for Keding are correct or incorrect in my case? 

I have no need for a TV subscription, neither have I asked for it. It is very intransparent and misleading to promiss me a monthly fee of € 19.99 and withhold the fact that I will be forced to take out a subscription from a 3rd party that doubles the amount due. 

Best regards,

Jos

I am afraid to say that these charges by Keding are correct. As it's their network, they can require you to make a contract with them in order to get the cable signal (which is both, TV and Internet signals together) passed through to you. It's their network, so they can tell you what to do.

I'm not 100% sure what will happen if you don't pay to Keding - they might simply cut your internet signal (as it's their network that is used to pass-through the Vodafone internet signal). If you won't pay for Keding, it might happen that your cable contract by Vodafone cannot be fullfilled and will be canceled (but not sure about this). In that case, you'd need to make a new contract using telephone lines - but that can take some weeks in order to be set-up -and- there will be only limited speeds available compared to the cable network connection.

Hi Rene,

Thanks for your reply. Today I received another letter from Keding related to the new Auftrag. The letter is still the same wording and message. I need to contact them for an appointment and "lease" a TV connection. Considering that they got the request via Vodafone it is very obvious that they are a known subcontractor. I

@Nancy I will follow up via a PM.