abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Slow internet at all times
Clarks
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Good day,

Apologies for writing in English.

I have vodafone internet for a bit more than 2 years now, and for almost the whole time it was perfect. I had advertised speeds, with slight hiccups in evenings and sundays, but this is normal. For a few months now it feels like the internet is throttled. It didn't degraded slowly, but went to bad overnight.

I connected my pc via cable and I can barely reach 5mb/s on speedtests out of advertised 100, speaking over skype/fb and playing games online is near impossible. WiFi is almost non existant, as even when sitting near the router websites load really slow.

I called up vodafone and they sent a technician over. He claimed that the cables in the house have to be changed and left. The problem is that, other 2 families living in the same house have no problems with their internet connection.

Would it be possible for an employee to check if everything is ok with the line or perhaps update the modem to see if it fixes the problem?

Router: Compal CH7466CE

Regards

4 Antworten 4
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Clarks,

do I get this right, the speed is bad all the time and not just in the evening or on weekends? I would like to see what the technician wrote in his report, please send me a private message that contains your address and customer number. Answer again in this thread afterwards.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello Clarks,

the technician statet that the wiring from the interconnection point up to the attic must be replaced. You wrote that other customers don't have any problems, so I checked the surrounding modems. Only two others use the same interconnection point and both use less downstreams and not the two that are out of range on your modem. So the next step would be either getting the permission from the owner of the house that our technician may replace the wiring or that the owner commissions an own technician with the replacement. Did you already inform your landlord?

Kind regards,

Claudia

I did. Unfortunately the landlord don't want to do anything when it comes to dsl.

Claudia

Hello Clarks,

that's rather bad :/. Unless the line is replaced the problem cannot be solved. So I'm afraid we can only help you to end the contract, we will need a written declaration from the landlord for that. You can send it in a private message.

Kind regards

Claudia