abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

RedKabel cancellation before receiving the installation
LorenzoF
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I signed a contract in a Vodafone shop for Kabel Internet, because they guaranteed that at my address it was only necessary to receive the router and plug it in.
After waiting over 2 weeks, I found out that I needed to ask for installation to another company, which takes care for the cable at my address and I need another contract with them. I'm not happy with this and the cable company told me that they can cancel the order with Vodafone.

Would this also mean that my contract with Vodafone will be cancelled? I hope so...

Thank you for your help!

15 Antworten 15
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello LorenzoF,

you probably can't cancel the contract that easily, since it was concluded in a retail store. Which company should you hire for the installation? Where does the information come from? Vodafone works with subcontractors who are commissioned to carry out the installation.

Please explain the situation in more detail and also which state you are from.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
LorenzoF
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Grit Grit and thank you for your answer!
I signed the contract with a Vodafone Shop in Dresden, for Red Internet, on the 14th of January. They told me that I would have received the router soon directly at home, with no other installation concerns.
After 11 days waiting, I went back there and they told me that actually a cable company in Dresden is taking care of it, Großantenne Dresden. So I had to contact them and they told me that I need a cable connection with them as basic requirement, and that I could choose a "pass-through contract" of 6,90€ per month plus costs of activation. But they also said that, if I refuse, they can cancel the order from Vodafone and the whole contract would be cancelled. (Meanwhile, only on 27 January, I received an email from Vodafone explaining me to contact Großantenne and giving me Kundennummer and Vertragsnummer).
My wish now is to cancel the whole contract, since I've never actually received the router and it's different from what I expected.

My concern is that, if I cancel the contract, I might have to pay any penalty. 

I also might decide to sign a contract with Vodafone in the near future; how can I can be sure that my Red Internet contract is actually cancelled, so I can get a different contract with Vodafone?

Thank you for your kind help, hope I've been clear enough!

Lars

Hi LorenzoF,

if the installation order is cancelled by the company, the contract will not be concluded either. Please cancel the installation order with the company if you do not want the additional contract. As soon as we have the feedback, our colleagues will take care of the final processing and cancellation. If the contract does not work, there are of course no fees.

Best regards

Lars

LorenzoF
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you, @Lars for your kind answer!
Yesterday I asked the company to cancel the order.
Is there a way to know when the contract is actually conlcuded? Also, will I be able to get another contract with Vodafone if the process of cancellation is still going on?

Lars

Hi LorenzoF,

it usually takes up to a week until the cancellation is finally processed. You will receive a written confirmation as soon as this is done.

You mean a DSL contract? You can already order this in parallel. To be on the safe side, I would wait for the final confirmation of the cancellation of the cable contract.

Best regards

Lars

LorenzoF
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Lars,

I still haven't received any comunication. Could I do something in order to know what is the status of the procedure?
Thank you for your help!

Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi LorenzoF,

well, then we'll have a look on that issue to see, what we can do here.

Please send me a private message with the following information:

- your full name

- your full address

- date of birth

- customer number

- e-mail address

- the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Thank you, @Stephan. I've jsut sent you a private message!

Best regards,

Lorenzo

Lars

Hi LorenzoF,

unfortunately we do not have any feedback from the company in the system yet. The order is still there. We need the cancellation, unfortunately we can not do anything before. Can you call them again? We are not allowed to cancel the order.

Best regards

Lars