abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New Kabel Internet 1000 not working since 2 days
Mudasir
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, I've got the kabel internet package of 1000mbs from vodafone. I have it installed since 2 days, I called the helpline to activate it and I was told it was activated and it would start working in 15 minutes. It didn't work for hours, I called again, and I was told to wait another 24 hours. It didn't work again. I called yesterday again, and I was told that my contract wasn't activated yet (?????). Then, I was told they activated it, and now it should work in 15 minutes. Its been 18 hours, still no internet. When I call the technical helpline, I'm told by the guy (in perfect english) if I need help in english I should post here. 

could someone help here?

Answers for possible questions

All lights are on in white constantly (internet, power, wifi, phone. I',ve unplugged/replugged the power and cable. Reset the router. Still no internet.

Hopefully help here is fast,

Thank you.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

since you chose Twitter as your support channel I'll close a post with this.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
ERFD

Hello Mudasir,

if the LEDs are blinking, the modem has no connection to our network. It is a pity that the previous measures did not lead to a connection. We would like to have a look at your connection and the problem. Please send us the customer number, name incl. address and date of birth of the contract holder via private message.

Write here briefly when the data has been sent.

Best regards Fred

Mudasir
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I've sent the details in PM. It's been 5 days now, still no internet. My 14 days right of withdrawal is soon expiring, please reply asap so I can decide wether I want to be stuck with this expensive but useless service for 2 more years. 

ERFD

Hello Mudasir,

the connection to the CMTS is OK. The signals on the modem are also OK. The modem itself does not get a public IP address. Can you please try a factory reset with the modem? Otherwise a technician will have to take a look at this.

Best regards Fred

Mudasir
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I just noticed that under Privatkunden > MeinKabel > Meine Vertragsdaten  > Internet & Phone > Options, I should see IPv4 Address. But It's not showing that option, Its only showing WLAN.

I was just told by the customer care on twitter that there might be software issue, and that they'll update my router software remotely. After the update, the wifi light went off, and now I cannot even connect to wifi. Only lightts on are now POWER, INTERNER and PHONE.

This is extremely frustrating. I call the helpline, they tell me there's a grid failure in my area and open a ticket. I come here, you tell me my router doesn't have public ip address. I go to twitter, they tell me my router's software is out of date. 

I'm done! could you please explain to me process for cancelling the contract? Can I send the email or I have to send the cancellation by post?

I have reset the router as well. Still no internet, could you please have the technician take a look at it?

ERFD

Hello Mudasir,

this is not a reason to quit. These are just teething problems. According to the modem, a public IP address is now stored. Can you see this via the interface? Can you please try a factory reset after the software update, otherwise the modem is probably not in order.

Please decide for one channel, otherwise it will go in different directions 😉

Best regards Fred

Mudasir
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I still can't see the IP address iption in the interface. I still can not access the internet. Not sure where you see that I have IP now

Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Mudasir,

we see, that the cable-router get an IP-address from our network. Please try a connection with ethernet to the cable-router.

Do you get internet now?

Regards

Jens

Mudasir
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I don't have ethernet adapter for my macbook so I have not tried with ethernet cable. When I connect to wifi, the internet doesn't work and I can't access the router config either on 192.168.0.1. In the Meine Vodafone > Booked Options, I don't see that my router has public ip option?

2 weeks on and no internet.  I keep going back and forth with the same arguments, with you guys replying 24 hours after my questions only to get no where.. Is it possible to schedule a call/visit with a technician who wouldn't mind speaking english?