abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New Client: Problems with Cable Internet
mila7
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I recently signed a new contract for Kabel-Internet. I just received the device and connected and installed everything following the instructions, but now I see a blinking red light for "Internet" and the internet connection is not working. (picture attached)

I am wondering if the cable outlet is working at all. When I ordered the contract, I used the "verfügbarkeit prüfen" button for my address. I got the message "Prüfung erfolgreich!", so I assumed it would be working, but now I am not so sure. I live in an old building, and I heard from friends that sometimes cable is not installed at all even though I have an outlet. Would you know how I could check if the cable outlet is working?

If there is no working cable in my apartment, what is the procedure? Would you send a technician? Or would it be possible for me to cancel my current contract and switch to DSL instead? I don't mind switching to DSL, as long as I don't get charged for the Kabel-Internet which I am currently unable to use.

Many thanks,

Mila

6 Antworten 6
Jens
Moderator:in

Hello Mila,

how long did you leave the device on the port? Try it over night.

If it doesn't work, we can hire a technician.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
mila7
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Jens, thanks for replying. I just left it overnight as you suggested, but unfortunately I see no change. The same blinking red light and no internet.

Jens

Hello mila7,

ok, then let me know your personal data in a pm.

Is it okay for you that we assign a technician with the installation? 🙂

Regards

Jens

mila7
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thanks, I just sent you the PM

mila7
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi again, I have some updates on the problem.

I asked my landlady if she knows if cable is working in the apartment. She said the the previous tenant was also trying to get cable internet, but in the end, it was impossible because my part of the building is missing some cable. It can't be installed because it goes through several apartments and some of the owners didn't agree.

Unfortunately, sounds like it will be a waste of the technitians time. I guess in this case the best solution is that I cancel my cable contract, as I'm still within the 14-day period, and get DSL instead? Apologies for the change of plan, I had no idea it's possible not to have a cable in the building at all.

Manu
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi mila7,

I'm sorry to hear that. But I also think it will be a better decision for you.

If so, just send us the equipment back and the contract will be cancelled.

What surprises me, however, is that another customer was installed in the house during the last week and everything works there...

Best Regards, Manu