abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving to a new adress [T20181206048WS010Z61225859]
andrefbatista
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello, I just moved from Leipzig to Munich. On my new apartment already have internet. I take the router and all the cables with me, to Munich, but I believe the signal it's still open in the old apartment in Leipzig. How do I proceed now? Can I cancel the contract without being fully charged? Can I suspend the contract or something else? Can you remove the signal from my old apartment, in Leipzig?

I was oriented by email to open a request in the forum.

Thanks for the attention.

14 Antworten 14
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The signal does not need to be removed - as the internet access is bound to the unique serial number (MAC) of the router. So another person cannot use your internet contract as he does not have your router.

If other persons make another contract, they'll get another router with another MAC address and the system will distinguish them from your contract - they'll be allowed to use the signal based on their contract (not on yours).

If there is no contract, they cannot use the signal (as it is bound to MAC addresses known to the system - that's the main difference between cable and DSL connections).

That's all for the old appartment...

For the contract/the new appartment:

If Vodafone is able to provide you the contractual agreed service within your new appartment, the contract CANNOT be cancelled - it'll move to your new appartment, even if you already have another internet connection there (so you'll have two contracts then). If Vodafone is not able to provide you the contractual agreed service at your new appartment, the contract will be closed with a 3 months notification period from the day you move (or the day your notification is received by Vodafone, the later one counts). So in that case you'll definitely have to pay for 3 additional months.

I signed a contract for 500mb / s speed connection (Red & Internet Phone 500 Kable), I made a feasibility test on the site and the maximum speed here's 16mb / s (I attached a print). This is enough to cancel the contract? ( Vodafone is not able to provide you with the contractual agreed service at your new appartment).

Edited: I forgot to mention that I signed a KABEL contract not DSL. 

A cancellation should be possible then (as it seems that Vodafone Cable is not available at your new address).

You should inform the "movement service" (Umzugsservice - and I fear it's only available in German) of your move - they'll then do all the rest.

Alternatively, you might wait here for a Mod to help you - but this can take some time.

Anett
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello andrefbatista,

please send with your data (name, customer number, date of birth and address) by PN. In addition please also your new address, then I look at the whole with pleasure.

As soon as the PN is out, please report again here in the article.

Regards

Anett  

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Anett, I just answered via PN. Thank you for the attention. 

Grit

Hello andrefbatista

at the new address cable is available, also the booked speed is possible. When did you move? Unfortunately, you haven't reported your move yet.  The first message about it we got now here. Do you order the move here now? If yes, then I can adjust this in the system.

Everything should work as well. Other tenants also have internet & telephone via cable in the property. Have you connected the router in the new apartment?  

Regards

Grit

Hello, I moved to here at december 1st, before that I was in a hotel that's why I didn't informed before. I would like to transfer the internet to here, but the apartment already have a internet connection. How should I proceed?! I didn't tried to connect the router here, should I try?

If the contract can be fullfilled as agreed at your new location - so if Internet via Cable is possible at the booked speed at your new apartment- the contract will move to your new apartment (even if there is already another internet connection available).

The premature cancellation is only possible if the contract CANNOT be fullfilled at the new location.

Anett

Hello andrefbatista,

I see you've now reported your move using the move form. Your colleagues have deposited everything for you.

Regards

Anett