abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving out of Germany
Nik-Berlin
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, 

I would like to first apologies for writing in english, my german is not so good. 

I got a home internet in august 2018, for 24 month contractc. Unfortunaly I am leaving berlin earlier then planned due to family reasons and need to terminate my contract at the end of Septmeber. I contact Vodafone to let them know I am moving out of the country on 23rd July. 

Now I have been told that I cant stop my contract until december which is 3 months after I have told Vodafone I am moving out. I really don't understand why I have to pay extra three months. Can someone please explain this for me? 

many thanks 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Nik-Berlin,

you told us in July that you were moving abroad at the end of September. Your contract will therefore be terminated in accordance with the Telecommunications Act with 3 months' notice to 29.12.2019. So everything works out.

Many greetings
Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Simple Explanation: This is a special rule in the German Telecommunications law.

Usually, you'd be obligued to pay until the contract runs out "normally", e.g. after 24 months.

But in the case you are moving to a location where the contractually agreed services cannot be fullfilled anymore, the Telecommunications law allows you to prematurely cancel the contract with a three months notification period starting by the day your cancellation is received but not earlier than your relocation date. So in your case, you'll have to pay for 3 more months after leaving Berlin as you submitted your cancellation request before relocating.

Mav1976
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Nik-Berlin  schrieb:

(...) Unfortunaly I am leaving berlin earlier then planned (...) and need to terminate my contract at the end of Septmeber. (...)

Now I have been told that I cant stop my contract until december which is 3 months after I have told Vodafone I am moving out. I really don't understand why I have to pay extra three months. Can someone please explain this for me? 

many thanks 

That's easy to explain. Normally you would be binded in your contract 24 month. Due to the novella of the Telecommunications Act you be able to cancel your contract with a special termination right (TKG §46 subparagraph 8 ) within a notice period of 3 month beginning of your date of movement. 

That's why you were informed by the agent your contract will be cancelled end of December. 

You have to write your termination in a written form (via contact form, fax or post letter). Don't forget to send a copy of your confirmation of deregistration. When you have rented hardware you have to send back this hardware to VF too. 

For any further questions, dunt hesitate to ask us. 🙂

Huch, @reneromann you are SPAZ. 

Please let me know if I am getting this right, becouse i gave a notice as long as I would before moving out I have to pay three extra months after moving? But if I had told Vodafone after relocating I wouldnt have to pay 3 months ? 

Im sorry finding this very hard to understnad. I know I had a contract but my move was unexpected and I was actually told in store when getting internet that moving to another country is exeptional and you can come out of the contract earlier. I didnt get this in writing becouse I trusted the vodafone worker and spoke no German.

@reneromann  

Are you saying if I send in the deregistration letter I wont have to pay the extra 3 months? Becouse after speaking to vodafone customer service they told me that doesn't matter.

I gave two months notice so really dont understand why i have to pay 5 months form my notice date to vodafone 

thank you all for your help 

Just to clarify this:

The 3 months period starts the earliest with the date of relocation - even if you'd send your relocation notice / cancellation notice multiple months in advance. Only if you send that relocation notice / cancellation request AFTER relocating, the 3 months start by that (later) date.

So in any case, it's at least 3 months that you have to pay whilst not being able to receive any services.

And yes, in your case it'd be then 5 months from your cancellation request. But as you may use the line until you leave Germany, you have to pay for these 2 months that you are able to receive services -and- the 3 months from your relocation onwards.

Nancy

Hello Nik-Berlin,

reneromann it has already explained the process to you. Your contract will be terminated with a notice period of 3 months according to the telecommunication law, starting from the moving date. Have you already received your cancellation confirmation? I would like to have a look at your customer data. Simply send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address by private message and then report again here in the article.

Many greetings

Nancy

Nancy

Hello Nik-Berlin,

you told us in July that you were moving abroad at the end of September. Your contract will therefore be terminated in accordance with the Telecommunications Act with 3 months' notice to 29.12.2019. So everything works out.

Many greetings
Nancy