abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving from Germany to Brazil
Felipe12345
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

I moved from Germany to Brazil on 10.12.2018. I sent a registered letter to Vodafone on 03.12.2018 requesting the cancellation of my two contracts (mobile phone + Kabel), with the Abmeldung attached.

Could you let me know if Vodafone will proceed with the cancellation?
I can send the contract number via message.

Thanks!
Felipe

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
HeikeF
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Felipe12345,

for Cable Stephan already answered you and confirmed the cancellation date 3rd march 2019.

For mobile I'll adjust this now and your mobile contract will end at 3rd march 2019 as well.

Have a nice weekend

Heike

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi Felipe,

we'll take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Then reply again in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi @Thomas , I just sent my data via private message. Thanks!

Stephan

Hi Felipe12345,

thanks for your pm.

You already got a confirmation in September for your cabel contract. I can send you a copy, if you need one.

Regards

Stephan

Hi Stephan, the issue is that I don't find it fair that the contract remains open until April/September 2019.

I gave a 3-month notice in September 2018 saying that I would leave Germany in December 2018, and that the Abmeldung would follow by mail.

Note: The Bürgeramt only allows requesting the Abmeldung one week before leaving the country.

After sending the Abmeldung to Vodafone on 03.12.2018, I left Germany on 10.12.2018. But I would like both contracts to be terminated in December.

Stephan

Hi Felipe12345,

we can adjust the cancellation date to the date of your de-registration. But even with this date the contract won't end in December 2018. The notice period begins with the date of your move. If this was the 03.12.2018 the contract will end on 03.03.2019.

Regards

Stephan

Hi @Stephan, thank you for your help!

Vodafone was aware that I was going to move since September. Isn't that what notice means? But they only replied with a generic letter on 26.09.2018 saying "Ihr Kündigungsschreiben haben wir bekommen", and they set up the cancellation with the original contract dates.

I also received a phone call from +49 172 1279077 on 28.09.2019 at 12:33. The lady asked about the reasons for cancelling the line. I explained that I was moving to Brazil and then she confirmed that if I send the Abmeldung and the flight tickets later the cancellation should proceed without problems. I was never informed that I would have to pay for these extra 3 months.

Why wasn't I asked to submit further documentation? I would have been able to provide the offer letter of my new job (in Brazil), flight tickets, and so on. This requirement of the notice beginning with the date of the move seems like a way to take money from foreigners (who are more unlikely to complain).

But I understand it's not your fault. If there's no way to avoid these extra 3 months, could you please go ahead and change the termination date to 10.03.2019? The Abmeldung stating that I left Germany on 10.12.2018 is already in possession of Vodafone (as per Auslieferungsbeleg signed on 04.12.2018 by Schmitz, Franka).

Please just make sure that termination on 10.03.2019 applies to both contracts: KD-Nr. *** (mobile) and *** (Kabel).

Will I be able to check the new termination dates on MeinVodafone website?

Thank you so much and Merry Christmas!

Felipe

Edit: Private data removed

HeikeF

Hi Felipe12345,

for Cable Stephan already answered you and confirmed the cancellation date 3rd march 2019.

For mobile I'll adjust this now and your mobile contract will end at 3rd march 2019 as well.

Have a nice weekend

Heike