abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving away from Germany: Contract Cancellation Assistance Regarding Abmeldung
KCManx
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi,

So this is my second attempt at typing this out... For some reason after submitting my first post to the forum it logged me out and I lost everything. I wrote a lot too so that is very sad and frustrating.

Alright so I already searched through the forums on the topic in regards to contract cancellations due to moving away from Germany to another country. I got most of my answers however I still have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

First of all, so I will be moving away from Berlin, Germany and will require my internet contract with vodafone to be cancelled. From what I gathered with the very helpful information here already, that I would need to provide these details:

Full name

Address

Customer Number

Deregistration copy from Germany

My first question is regarding the address required, is this the address of my German residency when I had my vodafone Internet  contract or is this the address of my new location that I will be moving to?

Secondly, this is my main question in regards to the Deregistration document / Abmeldung. I am unfortunately not able to get an appointment in time before I move as there are no available appointment slots open before I move away.

However I was told that you can actually complete the process via post by printing out the form, filling it in and sending it to the Abmeldung office. Might anyone know whether I can personally walk into one of the offices in Berlin without an appointment. Pick up a form from the office, fill it in, then and there and hand it in, all in one visit? Or is it not possible to hand the filled form at the offices and it must be done via post?

Finally my last question, is about having to pay the 3 months after the cancellation from the relocation date. So it seems to be a common thought among expats that once if they move somewhere that vodafone (or any contract) cannot provide the service to in the new location that the contract can be cancelled early. Which is true, however what people fail to mention or don't know themselves is that, there is still 3 months of fees to be paid. I was also apart of this thought group until recently, I guess a lot of people just assume that once the contract has been terminated/cancelled that is it, no more payments once it's done. So I am assuming that I too, will need to pay for 3 more months after my deregistration / relocation date? Is this possible to pay off in one large sum rather than have to pay it over another 3 months?

I appreciate any help I can get, also I'm aware most of you are already tired of these "Contract Cancellation, Moving" posts and I'm sorry to add another one to the list. However I just really needed to 1. To know if the address required is the German one or my new address that I'll be moving to when leaving Germany. 2. To get advice regarding getting my Abmeldung through filling a form in on the spot without having to make an appointment or print and post a form. 3. To sort out this contract cancellation through quicker means via this forum and moderators rather than have to send a written letter.

Thank you and I look forward to any replies,

Kevin.

4 Antworten 4
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi Kevin,

we need your current address in Berlin. The new address is not important if you move abroad.

We can't answer if and how you can handle this with your deregistration. The question is better dealt with by the responsible registration authority.

For us, only the completed form is important.

The contract is terminated with a period of 3 months starting from the day of the move. The monthly fees have to be paid until then.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
KCManx
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan
Hi Thomas,

Am I able to terminate my contract now if I PM you the necessary details including a copy of my registration form (I managed to get it now)?
Thomas

Hi KCManx,

yes please, send me a private message with all informations.

Regards

Thomas

Hi KCManx,

the cancellation has been processed. You will receive a confirmation.

Regards
Thomas