abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Missing port forward option, after migration from cable 200 to cable max 1000.
radicalrj
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I migrated from cable 200 to cable 1000 few months ago. Just now I realise that my new cable max router from Vodafone doesn't have port forward option.

how can I activate it? 
I want to use my home VPN, but I need to forward the port to my computer that is behind the router.

After checking the internet, looks like this router doesn't have that option... I am a bit disappointed. 
What can I do? 

19 Antworten 19
Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello radicalrj,

please answer the open questions from the Link , so that we can get an overview.

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

contract: cable max 1000
modem: free black vodafone modem/router
error: Doesn't not have port forward option
connected: via wifi and ethernet, there is no port forward option there on the admin
operation system: mac os and windows. There is no port forward option there on the admin
start period: Since I replaced my modem from cable 200 to the new cablemax 1000
signals level: do not apply here

"modem: free black vodafone modem/router"

Wild guess - Vodafone Station

yes !!! it is a  Vodafone station thanks for help on that! Any idea about the port forward?

Very simple: Your contract is provided using the (contractually agreed for) DualStack-Lite operation mode. This means you get a public IPv6 network but all IPv4-traffic is sent through a carrier-grade NAT device called AFTR gateway. Therefor you share your public IPv4 with many other customers and thus are not able to set any port forwardings.

I was not aware of this contract restriction when I signed up for the upgrade.

Is there anything that I can do to solve the situation? Change the router to a fritzbox helps somehow?
Or can I request a different policy?

This "restriction" is part of private user lines since at least 2015(!)...

And the only way to get a public IPv4 for sure:

Switching to a Business tariff plan AND opting in for the additional "Feste IP-Adresse" (static IP address) option.

Of course, this makes the contract more cost intensive...

are you sure about that? because I was using port forward normally on my previous cable 200. (from 2018 until 2020 when I switched to the cable max).
Looks like the cable max is different?
The DynDns on Vodafone station also doesn't work. Can I reach my network from my ipv6 using dyndns?

Can i receive some help on this? Please?