abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Migration problems, from 1&1 to Vodafone
GFES
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I am writing to you after I visited the store at Marienplatz, Munich, this morning. No solution could be found, and I was told to email.

In April 2019, I was in contact with Enes G***, Deputy Big Store Manager at that same store Marienplatz Munich, as I wanted to regroup my contracts at Vodafone (I had a mobile contract and wanted to add home internet). My 24 months contract period for home internet with provider 1&1 was coming to an end in AUG. 2019, and I wanted to change to Vodafone.

I gave notice to 1&1 in time and they confirmed that I would be leaving them on 02.08.2019, see attached file.
Meanwhile everything was arranged for Vodafone to take over and I received the new Box, I installed it in May already as M. G*** recommended and all was working (see attached file)

1&1 sent me the last bill on 25.07.2019 and my account was closed with them, I had no more access to a customer account online (attached file).

On 25.08.2020 I get a bill from 1&1 for the period August 2019 to August 2020, EUR 447,96.- and the sum is debited from my bank account by 1&1 (attached file).

When I contacted 1&1 they tell me that the mistake was with Vodafone for not taking over, and Vodafone customer service confirmed that to me on the phone, something went wrong and Vodafone didn't take over in August 2019.

The result is that I paid way more than I expected for the period Aug 2019 to Aug 2020. The vodafone offer was much cheaper for the first 12 months, and this was the reason to leave 1&1.
I have all documents as attached files (7 files)

I hope you will be able to correct this mistake, and offer a solution that compensates my loss for the 12 months.

With best wishes,
G.Schied

Edit: Attachment and name removed for privacy reasons. Lars

9 Antworten 9
Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello GFES,

I will gladly take a look at your customer data. Please send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address by private message. Afterwards, please contact me again here in the thread.

Best regards
Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GFES
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your message, I contacted you by PM.

Have a good day,

Geoffroy S.

Nancy

Hello GFES,

I have looked at it. The phone number portability from your previous provider was confirmed to us on 03.08.2020. On this date we have your phone numbers on our website. You will be charged for your contract with your previous provider until the day of activation. Due to our provider change program you will not be charged any basic fees for your connection until this date. Therefore you did not have double costs for your two contracts.

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GFES
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your kind reply.

My point was that Having completely left 1&1 after the engagement period (confirmed by them and the documents I sent you), Vodafone should have been billing me. The first year was at a discounted rate with Vodafone, 19,99 EUR per month, so 239,88 EUR for the 12 months.

1&1 charged me 447,96 EUR, so I lost 208,08 EUR in that first year.

There is no reason Vodafone shouldn't have been the company to charge me. There was a mistake in the handover, and I am the one paying the bill at the end.

It would make sense that I am compensated for this loss. I did everything right to leave 1&1 and sign Vodafone on, in due time. All documents prove it.

I hope you will be able to find a good way to resolve this, I am a loyal customer and spend a fair bit every month...

With best wishes,

G.Schied

You notice that now after more than a year? The changer program provides that you do not pay any basic fees with Vodafone until they take over the phone numbers of the old provider. The discounted months are also affected. The contract begins with the activation date, and from then on the free months run until the numbers are transferred.

GFES
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thank you Torsten for your reply!

Yes I noticed after a year, since I never got a notification that someone replied.

I understand your reply, and I think it is a very misleading way to sell a service: After 2 years engagement with 1&1 I given notice that I want to leave, they accept it, I start service with Vodafone after being "sold" a good deal with a discounted first year. I never hear from 1&1 for 12 months and suddenly, I get a bill for a whole year, when my acount and customer number are not active anymore since so long. I call this misleading and borderline abusive!

I still lost over 200EUR on this deal, that's what I will remember!

But thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Have a good day!

If your old provider has only confirmed the transfer of the number on August 3rd, 2020, you must hold them liable for this.
You also wrote that you had terminated yourself at 1 & 1 and that the termination was confirmed to you. Why did 1 & 1 not confirm the transfer of the number on August 3rd, 2019? Nobody at Vodafone can answer this question and after more than two years 1 & 1 won't be able to tell you anything.
The number porting or the change of provider is strictly regulated by the Federal Network Agency and their clear recommendation is never to terminate the contract yourself, because then these problems can arise.

GFES
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thank you!

Just so I learn something from this experience, how should I proceed in wanting to change provider? What is the best way to avoid "all" problems?

You sign a new contract with a provider, state that you want to change provider and then fill out the porting form. Please note the processing time and submit this request to change provider at least 4-6 weeks before the end of your current contract. Since December 1st, 2021, a notice period of 1 month has also applied to existing contracts that have fulfilled the minimum contract period, so this has now become much easier, even if the notice period is missed.
In addition, the data on the porting form must be entered 1: 1 in the same way as they are stored with the transferring (old) provider, otherwise these applications will be automatically rejected by the system.