abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Mein Vertrag wurde ohne mein Wissen verlängert - My contract extended without my knowledge
Hello11
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Ich benutze die Vodafone-Kabel-Verbindung seit 2018, ich habe einen Zweijahresvertrag und es endet im Oktober 2020. Ich bin gerade von Eggenfelden, Bayern (alte Adresse) nach Berlin umgezogen. Bevor ich umziehen wollte, habe ich den Vodafone-Kundendienst angerufen, den ich aufgeben möchte, weil Ich verlege mein Zuhause nach Berlin. Aber was passiert ist, ist meine Verbindung verschoben und der Vertrag wurde auf ein Jahr verlängert. Ich möchte die Verbindung nicht verlängern. für ein weiteres Jahr, weil es an dem Ort, an dem ich mich aufhalte, eine andere Verbindung gibt (Berlin), die ich nutzen kann, da ich Student bin und in einer WG lebe. Ich habe dies bereits bei einem Anruf bei der Ende Mai, aber ohne ordnungsgemäße Information an mich wird der Vertrag bis 13.10.2021. Ich will das nicht, ich habe kein Geld, ich bemühe mich sehr darum, besonders in dieser Pandemie, bitte haben Sie Verständnis. Bitte berücksichtigen Sie mich, ich bin Student und kann nicht einfach bezahlen, ohne es zu benutzen. Bitte die Verlängerung widerrufen und ich möchte den Vertrag kündigen. Bitte tun Sie das Nötige und dies ist ein eine sehr freundliche Bitte von mir. Ich kann Ihnen alle weiteren Dokumente zur Verfügung stellen, die Sie wünschen, und Sie können das aufgezeichnete Gespräch in Mai.

Ich freue mich auf eine rasche Lösung, 

I have been using the vodafone kabel connection from 2018, I got two year contract and it ends by Oct, 2020. I have just moved from Eggenfelden, Bavaria (Old address) to Berlin. Before I was about to shift I called Vodafone customer service that I want to QUIT because I am shifting my home to Berlin. But What has happened is my connection has been shifted and the contract has been extended to a year. I don’t want to extend the connection for one year more because there is another connection in the place where I am staying (Berlin) which I can use, as I am a student, I live in a WG. I already told this on a call at the end of May but without any proper information to me the contract is extended till 13.10.2021. I don’t want this, I don’t have money, I strive hard for living expecially in this pandemic, please understand. Please consider me, I am a student and I cannot pay simply without using it. Please revoke the extension and I want to END the contract. Please do the needful and this is a very kind request from me. I can provide any more documents you want and you can see the recorded voice call in May. Looking forward for a speedy resolution, 

20 Antworten 20

Hello Hello11,

I used to live in foreign countries as well and I completely understand the situation you are in. It is terrible, if you have some language barriers and you have to rely on customer services. Fortunately I was in countries were people were really supportive and trying to figure out and fullfil all my needs. As native German I really apologize for this poor situation in Germany, especially internet providers (no matter which brand) in Germany are just trying to sell products, no matter whether it fits to your needs. Whithout support from natives you really get lost and finally pay for products you don't want and don't need. I highly recommend you always get support from natives. Germany is not a good country with respect to service. Keep in mind, its not only Vodafone but also other brands and also other business fields.

I am sorry to tell you that about my own country, but it is like it is. The only option would be good will by Vodafone, as you clearly expressed your wish to cancel the contract by end of the 24months period, but failed to officially anounce that in written because your Vodafone customer service contact promised to take care of that. It would be a good chance for Vodafone to take responsibility and really demonstrate customer orientation.

Wishing you all the best.

I will try that writing again to Vodafone, thank you so much for your advice, it really helps.

I understand you, I love Germany too but I felt the same problem with services in Germany. There has to be some responsibility with the SPs towards customers.

Thanks much.

Grit
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Hello1,

if you call and announce that you are moving, you cannot cancel, but the move will be processed. From our point of view, everything went fine and we can't fulfill your wish, I'm sorry.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Sorry Grit, you are wrong here. He clearly stated, that in May (so more than 3 months in advance) he wants to cancel (kündigen) his contract. This was on time "Kündigung" to the end of the 24 months contract term. The mistake was clearly made by the Vodafone Service guy, not noting the cancellation but only the move, which is actually not related to the clearly stated "Kündigung".  Doing the moving process in between is fine and ok, but "Kündigung" is still "Kündigung" and needs to be processed as well.

Aboslutely right! @strg-alt 

They say they take the requests only in writing but they took my request of cancellation because of move as profitable for Vodafone only as move and not cancellation. 

The customer care guy should know and the recording of our conversation will speak what happened. A proper guidance should have done in that call by the customer care, Vodafone cannot take things as granted with people who cannot talk German well, butI was very much clear with what i want in the call! @Grit 

@strg-alt  schrieb:

Sorry Grit, you are wrong here. He clearly stated, that in May (so more than 3 months in advance) he wants to cancel (kündigen) his contract. This was on time "Kündigung" to the end of the 24 months contract term. The mistake was clearly made by the Vodafone Service guy, not noting the cancellation but only the move, which is actually not related to the clearly stated "Kündigung".  Doing the moving process in between is fine and ok, but "Kündigung" is still "Kündigung" and needs to be processed as well.

@strg-alt

Bitte verdrehe nicht die Tatsachen. Der TE schrieb selbst, dass er im Anruf Folgendes sagte:

Ich möchte Kündigen wegen umzug

Das ist KEINE Kündigung zum Laufzeitende (mal ganz davon abgesehen, dass eine Kündigung zum Laufzeitende in Textform erfolgen muss)! Und wenn überhaupt gibt es eine solche "Kündigung wegen Umzug" halt nunmal nur im Fall der Nichtverfügbarkeit am neuen Wohnort, die sich bei der Prüfung als nicht gegeben herausgestellt hat!

Und deshalb ist "Kündigung [wegen Umzug]" halt NICHT gleich "Kündigung [zum Laufzeitende]".

Mal ganz davon abgesehen, dass du mit deiner Einschätzung rechtlich so ziemlich ganz alleine auf weiter Flur stehst, gibt es genug Leute, die zwar wegen einem Umzug (an eine nicht versorgte Stelle) kündigen [resp. gekündigt werden], aber ihren Vertrag bei Verfügbarkeit eigentlich gerne weiterlaufen lassen würden - diese würdest du mit deiner Argumentation dann ja auch einfach mal alle zum Laufzeitende vor die Tür setzen...

Just as short English recap:

It is a big difference if someone says "Ich möchte [zum Ende der Laufzeit] kündigen" ("I want to cancel [to the end of the contractual term]") -or- "Ich möchte kündigen wegen Umzug" ("I want to cancel because of a move"). In the first case, I'm pretty sure that the agent would have told you that he is not able to process this request because cancellations have to be done in written form - but in the the latter case, the agent only has to accept and enter the details of the move. In case of moving to a location where services cannot be granted as contractually agreed upon, the contract will be cancelled -BUT- in case the services can be granted at the new location, the contract moves - this is nothing that the agent can influence!

Anyhow - in case one of the contractual partners isn't able to (fully) understand the contract because of his lack of language knowledge, it's his sole responsibility to get the needed translations or translators in order to understand all details of the contract. And this party is still bound to all the terms and conditions in the contract - due to his signature - even if he hasn't got the translation at his own expenses. This especially covers any unmet notice periods or expense fees.

But this has nothing to do with a company being bad - it's just that the sole contractual language in Germany is German. It's the same for German people going to Spain, Italy, France or the US - we cannot require them to give us service in German, they'll also only provide us service in their official language (so Spanish, Italian, French or English) - and if we don't understand what we sign, we also need a translation or a translator to get all the details. In no case, we could make companies there liable for "bad service" in case we're unable to understand the contract as it is in "their" official language, but we have to take sole responsibility in case we don't meet any of the terms and conditions or if we miss any notice periods due to not understanding the contract.

@Hello11  schrieb:

Aboslutely right! @strg-alt 

They say they take the requests only in writing but they took my request of cancellation because of move as profitable for Vodafone only as move and not cancellation. 

The customer care guy should know and the recording of our conversation will speak what happened. A proper guidance should have done in that call by the customer care, Vodafone cannot take things as granted with people who cannot talk German well, butI was very much clear with what i want in the call! @Grit 

The main problem is that you are asking (or better even requring) Vodafone to grant service in any other language than the contractual language. It is your sole responsibility to get the needed translations or translators if you are not able to express yourself in the contractual language, it is NOT the responsibility of your partner!

And yes, you are in Germany, thus sole contractual language is German - if your skills in German language are not that good, then it's only your responsibility to get the needed translations/translators in order to communicate with your contractual partner in the contractual language - you cannot require them to get any support in any other than the contractual language. Thus being said, support in any other language on a best effort base, which could also mean that there is no support for any other than the contractual language at all.

But this would also be valid for many other countries where English is neither the main official nor any secondary official language - like in France, Italy, Spain, Portual, South Korea, China, Japan, Mexico, Brasil - just to name some. If you go there and sign a contract in their language but don't understand what you sign, then it's only your problem. You're still bound to the contract, even if you didn't fully get what you signed - because you acknowledged with your signature that you understood the contents of the contract as well as that you agree on that language to be the sole contractual language.

Nothing but a trap! 

@reneromann  schrieb:

@strg-alt

Bitte verdrehe nicht die Tatsachen. Der TE schrieb selbst, dass er im Anruf Folgendes sagte:

Das ist KEINE Kündigung zum Laufzeitende (mal ganz davon abgesehen, dass eine Kündigung zum Laufzeitende in Textform erfolgen muss)! Und wenn überhaupt gibt es eine solche "Kündigung wegen Umzug" halt nunmal nur im Fall der Nichtverfügbarkeit am neuen Wohnort, die sich bei der Prüfung als nicht gegeben herausgestellt hat!

@reneromann : Bleib mal bitte selbst bei der Wahrheit und verdrehe nicht die Tatsachen. Der Kündigungsgrund spielt überhaupt keine Rolle. Wenn er sagt, er kündigt weil ihm das Logo von Vodafone nicht gefällt, dann ist das trotzdem eine Kündigung. Und wenn er sagt, er kündigt, weil er nach dem Umzug den Anschluss nicht mehr braucht, dann ist das auch eine Kündigung. Die Kündigung wurde ganz klar ausgesprochen und ist damit zum nächstmöglichen Termin umzusetzen, das ist das Ende der 24 monatigen Laufzeit. Der Umzug kam zusätzlich noch dazwischen, macht die ausgesprochene Kündigung deshalb aber nicht unwirksam.

@strg-alt  schrieb:

@reneromann  schrieb:

@strg-alt

@reneromann : Bleib mal bitte selbst bei der Wahrheit und verdrehe nicht die Tatsachen. Der Kündigungsgrund spielt überhaupt keine Rolle. Wenn er sagt, er kündigt weil ihm das Logo von Vodafone nicht gefällt, dann ist das trotzdem eine Kündigung. Und wenn er sagt, er kündigt, weil er nach dem Umzug den Anschluss nicht mehr braucht, dann ist das auch eine Kündigung. Die Kündigung wurde ganz klar ausgesprochen und ist damit zum nächstmöglichen Termin umzusetzen, das ist das Ende der 24 monatigen Laufzeit. Der Umzug kam zusätzlich noch dazwischen, macht die ausgesprochene Kündigung deshalb aber nicht unwirksam.

Und hier kommen zwei Dinge zum Tragen:

a) Eine Kündigung mit der Formulierung "Kündigung wegen Umzug" ist KEINE Kündigung zum Ende der Laufzeit, sondern primär erst einmal eine Mitteilung über einen Umzug mit vermuteter Nichtverfügbarkeit am neuen Ort! Sollte sich herausstellen, dass die Dienste am neuen Ort doch erbracht werden können, ist die Kündigung sofort hinfällig. Sie wird dann auch nicht einfach zu einer ordentlichen Kündigung umgewandelt - wie auch eine Kündigung aus wichtigem Grund bei Entfall des wichtigen Grunds nicht automatisch zu einer regulären Kündigung zum Laufzeitende wird.

b) Eine Kündigung bedarf der Textform - diese ist bei telefonischem Kontakt nicht gewahrt, ergo ist der Kündigungswunsch (sofern man diesen irgendwie konstruieren will) eh hinfällig.

Es hilft nichts - die Kündigung hätte bis Ende Juli in Textform eingehen müssen, ist sie aber nicht - damit ist die Verlängerung in Kraft. Das hat nichts mit der Umzugsmeldung zu tun und darf auch nicht damit vermischt werden, weil das zwei rechtlich völlig getrennte Sachverhalte sind.

Mal ganz davon abgesehen, dass eine "Kündigung wegen Umzug" eben nicht automatisch heißt, dass der Vertrag nach dem Umzug nicht mehr genutzt wird (weil ein anderer Vertrag vorhanden ist) - das konstruierst du gerade in den Fall rein, ist aber kein Teil der ursprünglichen Aussage des TE.