abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Left Germany, unable to access online account. Help please? (English)
outoftown
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, I hope someone here can help me.

I have a combined mobile phone and cabel internet account.

I really need to shut down my Vodafone account and I don't know what to do.

I left Germany last year. We sublet our apartment. The sublet is ending in Janurary.

I never accessed the Vodafone online portal or activated the sim card associated with the account so I can't seem to action anything online.

The bank account from which the payments for the service is taken is closing down soon.

I hope someone can help me - in English! - as I really need to get this service shut down.

Thanks in advance 🙂

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Thanks Stephan. (And everyone else. I have now activated the account.)

Bom Dia 🙂

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

19 Antworten 19
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

You have a special right of termination for the landline connection if you move abroad. All you have to do is report the move, then the contract will be terminated with a period of 3 months (reduced to 1 month from 01.12.2021).

However, this special right of termination does not exist in mobile communications. You have to cancel in writing 3 months before the end of the minimum contract period, then the contract ends at the end of the 24 months. Please note that when you cancel, it depends on the receipt by the provider, not on the date of sending.

You can find all contact methods and addresses here:  Euer Kontakt zu Vodafone

Thanks Torsten,

The linked page is in German. Can you give me specific contact details to:

1. Regain access to my account and update payment details

2. Cancel the landline contract.

3. Cancel the mobile phone contract. (Though I was given the impression the contracts were connected.)

I must say this is not a great level of support. I have paid Vodafone a lot of money over the years and I am now in a frustrating and confusing place trying to cancel my contract.

The salespeople who came to my house to sell me this contract spoke excellent English and said I could cancel the phone contract when I left Germany.

I'm sorry, but the contract and support language in Germany is German. However, you should also be able to translate the page via your browser. Google, for example, offers a tool for this.
I am a customer like you and not a Vodafone employee. You are here in a moderated customer-help-customer forum, you should keep that in mind.
As I have already written, you can extraordinarily terminate your landline contract if you move abroad. This does not apply to a mobile phone contract, however, because you can use it until the end of the contract at the conditions accepted when the contract was concluded (roaming costs, etc.).
For the landline side, it is important in which state your contract was and whether it was DSL (via the telephone socket) or cable (via the antenna socket).
You have to cancel your mobile phone contract
Vodafone GmbH
Kundenservice
40875 Ratingen
Fax +49 2102 986575
send. There is no email address, only the contact form in MeinVodafone works.

Nancy
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello outoftown,

do you have internet via cable or DSL? Which federal state do you come from? Have you cancelled your contract or notified us of your move via our moving service?

Best regards

Nancy

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
outoftown
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your help.

The contract is in Berlin. The internet is via cabel.

I cannot use the moving service becuase I don't have a "MeinVodafone" account associated with the contract. I never set this up initially and now the link to do so has expired. (I accept this was careless of me!)

Can you help me gain access to this account in MeinVodafone?

Lars

Hi,

we can send you a new activation code so that you can set up access.

Please send me the following data via private message:

- Customer number

- Name

- Address

- Date of birth

- E-mail address.

Write a short note here in the thread when you send the PM.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
outoftown
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you Lars,

I have sent you a DM with the information you requested.

I hope the information is correct.

Is my new activation code arriving by electronic or physical mail. If the latter I need to ask my sub-tenant to keep an eye out for it.

If you have confirmed your email address via the link sent, you will receive the code by email, otherwise it will be sent out as a letter.