abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Leaving Germany - 3 month notice period?
Helen2020
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I have a mobile phone contract and internet contract (CabelMax1000) with Vodafone. I will be leaving Germany in August to relocate to the UK for a new job. I have used the online forms in MeinVodafone to terminate my contracts at the end of the contract period (Jan/March 2022) but I want to end them as soon as possible after I leave in August. I read on a forum thread that I can cancel the contracts earlier if I leave the country but I still have to pay 3 months notice. 

Is it possible to do this now (which is 3 months before I leave) or do I need to wait until I de-register and leave the country? Is there a specific form to do this as I could not find anything on MeinVodafone?

Thank you. 

Helen  

5 Antworten 5
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

No, unfortunately that will not work. In the case of cable internet contracts, the period is 3 months to the end of the month from the date of the move. Please submit the de-registration certificate or a corresponding document, only then will the termination due to moving to an area not served.
Unfortunately, you have to use the mobile phone contract until the end of the contract, as the services are also possible in the UK.

Hello Torsten, 

Thank you for your answer. 

So to confirm - I do not need to cancel my contract in advance of leaving. Only when I de-register from Germany, then I send the document and then pay 3 month's notice for the cable contract? Is it possible to do that online or do I need to send a letter by post? 

Thank you.  

As soon as you know when you are leaving Germany, use the relocation service for the cable internet connection. You must then submit the de-registration certificate as soon as it is available.

OK, thank you. Yesterday I used the online form to cancel my contracts (Mobile in Jan 2022 and Cable in March 2022) but I have not received confirmation yet. Do you know how long it usally takes to be confirmed?  Will I be able to use the relocation service even when the cancellation is confirmed? 

The termination has to be processed first, no confirmation can be sent beforehand. This takes a few days, possibly a little longer, since almost all employees are working from home in the wake of the pandemic.