abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

KabelDeutschland poor internet connection
DvaDva
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Our company has Business contract with this company and we have been having throttling issues with this line for a week or even more. The symptoms are as follows:

Early in the morning, when there are only few people in the office, we have stable ping to Google DNS of avg 25 ms and the connection speed reaches a maximum of 250 Mbps (we are supposed to have 500 Mbps as per contract)

When business hours begin, the ping raises to an average of 600 ms (peaks min 150/max 1500) and speed drops to 10 Mbps and goes down to 1 Mbps.

When I disconnect the traffic from the Fritzbox and then reconnect again, then it seems to overload again in a just couple of seconds and the same symptoms appear again.

We do have QoS and load balancers in place to make sure the traffic does not compete for connection, but when I am connecting to the Fritzbox via ethernet cable the same symptoms are observed.

P.S. One might ask why this issue is posted here instead of resolved via phone. After multiple calls and ping-ponging between different departments, it turned out that nobody in the Technical Support T2 speaks English and therefore they didn't even bother to call me back and just closed the ticket as resolved (I've never seen such a negligent T2! support in any country I previously lived in). Interestingly enough, T1 Technical Support perfectly spoke to me in English and did their best to help me with the issue (I would like to thank each one of them for outstanding work). I just wonder if Vodafone actually has this distorted promotion criteria to promote people who speak as little languages as possible (i.e German only). If that's the case somehow, it has to be changed immediately and appreciate more talented people. If that's not the case, then QA should have a better look at the Quality of Service provided by 2nd level support team. 

5 Antworten 5
Tobias
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey,

i would like to your connection, btw, what did you mean with QoS + loadbalancers? How did you manage that? 🙂 Do you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract owner) via private message?

Please let me know in the article when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for your reply. I've sent a private message to you with more details. Looking forward to your reply.

Tobias

Hey,

Thanks for the PN. i looked once, i saw that a technician was there, can you tell me if the visit brought anything? how is it currently?

If there are still problems, i give it internally to the thirdlevel, i don't think i could do much myself 😉

Regards

Tobias

Hi Tobias,

The technician came and checked the physical state of the cable. He said there was some wire-debris in the connection, which he assumed could cause some outage. Not sure if cleaning the connector actually affected it, but performance improved a bit after that for a while. After running a couple of tests, he said that bandwidth throttling issue was most likely caused by an issue outside the building. He said he would create a ticket for Vodafone to take care of this issue. However, at the end of the same day that technician came, the performance went down again a couple of times and the issue persisted intermittently since then. Therefore, we would highly appreciate it, if Vodafone could investigate the issue operatively and fix any outages as soon as possible.

Thank you,

J

Tobias

Hey @DvaDva,

yeah sure, im gonna check that 🙂 So the line looks clean, we could try the exchange of the box. Because if you say that the line even after a restart causes problems again, it can be that the box has a problem.

Do we want to try the exchange?

Possibly some more info on the side, it will soon be possible to order the Homebox 6591 as a business customer, maybe that will be interesting for you.

Regards

Tobias