abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Is this a unilateral violation of a signed contract?
aario
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,
I have a contract of "Internet & Phone Cable 25" since Oct. 2015. I still have the contract. I never signed for "Security Pack 2er License" yet. I've been charged 3.99 EU per month for this unwanted service. How can I  cancel this package?
On the website:
https://kabel.vodafone.de/meinkabel/vertraege/internet_telefon

After I login, I see:

Contract start: 10/28/2015

Earliest possible end of contract: 28.10.2019

Last possible cancellation receipt until: 04.08.2019

My next questions is what does my contract mean a 4 year contract or a 1 year contract repeated?

I already try contacting Vodafone, so my wife who speaks english, the person answered the call once dropped the phone. Vodafone website services and automatically drops the phone. Another time I was told to give my phone number so they can call me. No answering machine. I was calling and then all. No human.

Is there a way to reach these people?

Any experience is highly appreciated.

6 Antworten 6
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

First of all:

The "Sicherheitspaket" is an addon to youir contract and can be cancelled with a 4 weeks notification period.

It was/is automatically selected with your contract - so Vodafone was allowed to charge you for this service if you did not cancel it after (if I remember correctly) 3 months of being free of charge.

Short: You won't get the 3,99 € multiplied with the whole time back - if you missed to cancel the option in time - even if you did not use it. But if you cancel the option right now, it'll end for end of January or February.

Second: Your contract had an initial minimum contractual term of 2 years and is automatically renewing for another year if it is not cancelled in time (12 weeks before end of the term).

So your contract initially ran from 28.10.2015 until 28.10.2017.

As you did not cancel it within 04.08.2015 (the 12 weeks), it did automatically extend for another year until 28.10.2018.

Same applied in 2018 (you did not cancel in time), so the contract automatically extended itself for another year until 28.10.2019...

And it will extend for another year if you don't cancel it until 04.08.2019.

And no - you should definitely not file a lawsuit against Vodafone, because it seems that you did not understand what you have signed. Even if you'd ask a lawyer for help, he'll only tell you what I told you now - but he will ask you for money for that.

And the other thing: There is no english speaking hotline (not that I know from) - so if you call the hotline, don't be bothered if they'll kick you if you ask them to talk English. We're in Germany - and German is the only contractual language...

"Kicking" people over the phone even when one is speaking german is not a good code of contact. I believe your reply is not official representation of Vodafone.

The question to how cancel the Sicherheitspaket is not answered yet. For the record, here:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/forums/forumtopicpage.addmessageuserbookmark/message-uid/1403992?t:ac=b...
One of the "presenter" users offered another customer to send "customer number, name and address by PM" to cancel the package. I will give it a try.

@aario  schrieb:

"Kicking" people over the phone even when one is speaking german is not a good code of contact. I believe your reply is not official representation of Vodafone.

No, it is not - but the problem is: What should the representatives do if they cannot speak English (and please don't expect them to do so)? Usually they should tell you something like: "Entschuldigung, ich verstehe sie nicht, ich lege jetzt auf" - but this does not change anything. And what you believe to be Music is usually the sound of other representatives working at the same callcenter.

And no, my reply is NOT an official representation of Vodafone as I'm not in any way related to Vodafone.

For the Sicherheitspaket:

It was automatically included to be in your contract as additional option - and this option can be cancelled with the 4 weeks period. You could've done so for a very long time - but you did not. So Vodafone is allowed to charge you this service as you did not cancel it in time.

It was free of charge within a "testing period" of 3 months (if I remember correctly) and became an extra payment after those months passed. So you are being charged for this for 3 years by now and you notice it NOW? Sorry, but this is quite TOO Late. You should've checked your invoices much more in time - and usually you would've asked for cancelling this service in January or February 2016 after being billed once - but now it's January 2019 and you are being billed for the service for nearly 3 years (and may have used it for the whole time or not - nobody can check that). And I doubt that there will be anything like goodwill to give you back all the nearly 3 years if you missed to check over 30 invoices in time.

Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi aario,

@reneromann has already explained it completely correctly. We can offer you to cancel the security package as soon as possible. We need your customer number, name, date of birth and address. Send me the data please by private message.

Then reply again here in the post.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
aario
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the reply. I have sent you the private message with requested details to cancel the security package.

Thomas

Hi aario,

the cancellation has been processed. You will also receive a confirmation.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!