abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Improper Charges where services are not even available
brunodalbello
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Good Morning!

My wife has received few letters asking for payment for a service that was never provided.

I have enclosed proof that Vodafone admitted that the service is not available there.

We tried long ago to get Vodafone GigaNet and TV to our house but the service was not available in our area, but they kept charging us and now threatened to downgrade our SCHUFA because of it.

That is unacceptable and we need our money back as soon as possible and that these invoices stop coming to us.

- customer number *

Thanks in advance for your kind support,

Bruno Dalbello & Marina Gibson

Private information removed, MS

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

And just to make things worse:

GigaTV .NET is just an IPTV contract - like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and so on.

It can be used with any internet connection from any ISP that you choose. But you are responsible for the internet connection itself - no matter if it's from Vodafone or any other provider.

There is no right to premature cancel this contract just because you opt for another ISP or that you don't have an internet contract at all...

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
MasterScorpion
SuperUser
SuperUser

DSL and Giga TV Net are two seperate contracts.

And just to make things worse:

GigaTV .NET is just an IPTV contract - like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and so on.

It can be used with any internet connection from any ISP that you choose. But you are responsible for the internet connection itself - no matter if it's from Vodafone or any other provider.

There is no right to premature cancel this contract just because you opt for another ISP or that you don't have an internet contract at all...

But I have been charged for a DSL connection that never existed and was never provided

Again: The GigaTV .NET contract is NOT for the DSL line but just for IPTV.

OK, regardless of that,  it was sold to me in a promotional bundle and as Vodafone could not provide the DSL connection then the whole package should be canceled. To my understandng, I was scammed by Vodafone.

The service package things that are interdependent: I cannot use the streaming TV without the DSL.

Therefore, if one of the components of the package is unavailable, it makes the complete package redundant.

How should I solve this one? Go to court?

"How should I solve this one? Go to court?"

Get internet from another ISP.

@brunodalbello  schrieb:

OK, regardless of that,  it was sold to me in a promotional bundle and as Vodafone could not provide the DSL connection then the whole package should be canceled.

No, even if you signed them together, these are two separate contracts.

And as such, only the DSL connection will be cancelled and the IPTV part will stay.

Yet you have not told why the DSL connection wasn't possible and if you got a connection from another provider. As in case you got another DSL connection, it's most likely that Vodafone would've also been able to provide you as DSL connections all share the same line.

@brunodalbello  schrieb:

The service package things that are interdependent: I cannot use the streaming TV without the DSL.

Therefore, if one of the components of the package is unavailable, it makes the complete package redundant.

You can use the IPTV stream regardless of the connection you have - you may use it with a DSL line from Vodafone, but you can also use it with any other internet connection from any other provider. It does not matter if it's a DSL line, a Cable or Fibre line or even if it's a mobile connection - and it also doesn't matter which provider it is...

And as part of the IPTV contract, it clearly states that it's your obligation to care for the needed internet connection -- not having such doesn't constitute a premature cancellation right (same as with Youtube, Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime and so on).

@brunodalbello  schrieb:

How should I solve this one? Go to court?

Get yourself an internet connection and use the IPTV...

Even a court won't help you as the part that you have to get the needed internet line on your own is stated in the IPTV contract.